Caravan insurance problem

Christine56 replied on 23/03/2017 20:11

Posted on 23/03/2017 20:11

We have recently bought a new caravan and plan to go travelling for 3 years.  We are retiring and want to have a bit of fun.  We have been trying to get insurance for our caravan but keep hitting problems. They all want to know where we are storing our caravan, we wont be, we will be in it.  I am sure that there are others doing this.  How do you get around this.  We have to give a storage address on go compare sites.  Help please.

KjellNN replied on 23/03/2017 20:28

Posted on 23/03/2017 20:28

I was going to say the same.  You will need a "home address" for all sorts of things.

Wildwood replied on 23/03/2017 20:59

Posted on 23/03/2017 20:59

Living full time in the caravan makes the policy non standard. I would ring round rather than use the internet as internet sites give only prices for standard policies.

Christine56 replied on 23/03/2017 21:40

Posted on 23/03/2017 21:40

We have an official home address at my daughters but no real home address.  Thank you wildwood we will get on the phone tomorrow and leave the internet alone

NickyKnix replied on 28/03/2017 15:56

Posted on 28/03/2017 15:56

Hi there Christine and welcome to Club Together.

Your plans to go touring for 3 years sounds really exciting.

I am trained on 5Cs Caravan Insurance.  Our team can certainly help.

As you are probably aware, there are lots of questions we would need to ask you.

It is not clear if you will be touring for 3 years constantly or if you would have breaks, if you will be in the UK or abroad.

We can discuss this with you, amongst other things on 01342 336610 between 8.45am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.

If we are not able to insure your caravan, we will certainly be able to put you in touch with someone who should be able to do that.

I wish you all the best and hope you have a fabulous time travelling for the next 3 years.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook