Bradcot Modul Air

JAMESAK replied on 25/02/2018 09:33

Posted on 25/02/2018 09:33

Good morning all,

Me and my family are new to caravaning we have recently purchased a Bradcot Modul Air 260 awning to go with our Sprite Musketeer. My problems started with the awning when I first opened the box a hole in the side wall where the bead is sewn on to attach it to the caravan. 

Returned it to the shop and expressed my displeasure they sent it away to Bradcot for repair.

Two weeks passed and on Thursday it had been delivered I pulled it out the box and the bead came away in my hand I was furious so I took the whole awning back to the retailer and said either replace the entire awning or a full refund. They did without any hesitation give me another new awning. I have fully inspected the new awning and can’t see any issues. 

I still have the option to return this one and get a different one. I Was told by the shop Bradcot is a very good manufacturer of awnings one of the best. And this is the first time the salesman had seen this in 16 years. 

People opinions would be appreciated so I can make a more informed decision. Should I stick with it and put my experience down as bad luck or look at getting it changed. 

Thanks in advance James 

Rod235 replied on 27/02/2018 15:07

Posted on 27/02/2018 15:07

We have owned 3 Bradcot awnings the last one being the 260 aspire air and have found all 3 to be well made and of good quality, and would certainly buy Bradcot again.I can understand your displeasure but don not let this put you off as the problem has now been sorted and I am certain you will be more than pleased with your purchase.

bandgirl replied on 01/04/2018 22:37

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:37

We've had a Bradcot Active full awning (with poles) since 2012.  It's still in excellent condition, although we only get to use it for about 4 weeks a year due to work committments.  It's very heavy, so we don't bother to put it up if we're only going away for a weekend, and we only manage that a couple of times a year.  We're seriously thinking of getting a lightweight porch awning as an alternative.

bandgirl replied on 01/04/2018 22:41

Posted on 01/04/2018 22:41

Sorry, only just realised the original post was a while ago.  Oddly, it appeared high up on the list of posts. frown

BRADCOT replied on 03/04/2018 11:25

Posted on 03/04/2018 11:25

Hi Jamesak,

Sorry to read of your issue.

Mistakes do happen but this one should have been spotted long before it even left our factory!

Of more concern to me is that it was returned and not sorted out! Can you please email us info@bradcot-awnings.co.uk with details of the return and the selling dealer so that we can investigate our error?

In an effort to inspire some confidence in the product for you, the awning now has a full three year guarantee and a five year guarantee against fading. At the time of purchase you may well have only had a two year guarantee but this new one has been rolled out retrospectively!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook