Bailey Verona 2016 warranty concerns

Del Sandy replied on 04/09/2017 19:14

Posted on 04/09/2017 19:14

Hi all, this is our first discussion topic and hopefully looking for some re-assurance!

We have just bought a Pegasus Verona 4, an early 2016 model, it is as new inside and out. We will be collecting it this Saturday and is a private sale.

We have all the caravan files and now have a few concerns;

1. The first service was carried out Oct 2016 by an independent company and looks very thorough and the current owners outlined how impressed they were with BW Caravans Ltd, Blandford Forum. We have spent some time reading the forum discussions which tend to indicate servicing has to be carried out only by a Bailey dealerships, is this correct?

2. On the first service the damp meter readings are constant between 12 & 14 all around the caravan. I know up to 15 is okay but being only one year old should it be so close to the 'further Investigation level' so soon?

3. Looking through the documents there is not a User Manual / Service book. The Current owners who bought this new have now outlined that they never received a User Manual / Service book and they have emailed to confirm the warranty will not be affected?

The validity of the warranty may now be in question; please could you put our minds at ease or give some advice on actions that should be taken?

Thanks

Derek and Sandra

Simon100 replied on 04/09/2017 21:27

Posted on 04/09/2017 21:27

Re BW Caravans. There should not be a problem as, according to their web site, they are NCC approved and the van will have been serviced to manufactures, national standards and the warranty remains valid. 

Double check on the Bailey web site to see what they say about servicing. https://www.baileyofbristol.co.uk/faq

There is a section on who can service your caravan.

Can't help with the other two issues though.

replied on 04/09/2017 21:32

Posted on 04/09/2017 21:32

All wood has a moisture content or else it would be rotten. 15% is totally normal for 'dry' timber

JVB66 replied on 04/09/2017 21:50

Posted on 04/09/2017 21:50

With any Bailey product to maintain the warranty on change of ownership I think you will find it has to be changed over via  Bailey for a fee with the paper work supplied with the product and also the Bailey service manual needs to be stamped by the service centre, I also do not believe that these handbooks were not supplied to the previos owner

I suggest you contact both the centre who did the "service"and the original supplying dealer with the cris number and the cris registation document

Del Sandy replied on 02/10/2017 19:42

Posted on 02/10/2017 19:42

Thanks for your replies, The owner was not issued with a manual but got one from the supplier and got them to stamp it to prove the PDI had taken place and also got the 1st service record stamped, so all is good.

Cheers

Derek

charlieboy2608 replied on 03/10/2017 12:33

Posted on 04/09/2017 21:50 by JVB66

With any Bailey product to maintain the warranty on change of ownership I think you will find it has to be changed over via  Bailey for a fee with the paper work supplied with the product and also the Bailey service manual needs to be stamped by the service centre, I also do not believe that these handbooks were not supplied to the previos owner

I suggest you contact both the centre who did the "service"and the original supplying dealer with the cris number and the cris registation document

Posted on 03/10/2017 12:33

It is very important that you register the warranty and damp guarantees with Bailey!!!!-otherwise your claim will not be honoured.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook