ACSI Card for lone travellers?

Dr Nigel replied on 30/01/2016 19:55

Posted on 30/01/2016 19:55

My new caravan will arriving in May, and after becoming a full member of the Caravan Club, I plan to set off for France in early June.  Is it worth me getting an ACSI card? I understand that the discount is for two people, and I'll be travelling alone.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

young thomas replied on 30/01/2016 20:04

Posted on 30/01/2016 20:04

id say yes, nigel....it really depends in how the site prices non-ACSI stays for singles....

for €12 what have you got to lose?

replied on 30/01/2016 20:40

Posted on 30/01/2016 20:40

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Pippah45 replied on 30/01/2016 20:41

Posted on 30/01/2016 20:41

I am alone and use ACSI for off season - sometimes I am allowed to count one dog as a person and only pay for the other dog if that is what is stated!  I haven't tried without the card but what little I know is that the card will save me money.  You could always research more but the book alone even without discounts is worth the information to me. 

ocsid replied on 31/01/2016 07:07

Posted on 31/01/2016 07:07

Plus the book is a good sites guide in itself if you are travelling unplanned. Which in France through June up to typically the 14th July you can do with very little concerns in finding spaces to spare. The only slight proviso to this is sites used by the CC can be busier with Brits or if  as we have experienced you are very unlucky a rally Brits or Dutch, we have had both, moves in.

Have a good break France is camping as it should be, particularly with the ACSI book in the glove box and card in your wallet.

ValDa replied on 31/01/2016 08:39

Posted on 31/01/2016 08:39

Nigel, you'll find that many sites in France have a 'standard' fee for a pitch, and this usually includes the pitch, your 'outfit', electrcity and two people.  The ACSI Card gives you this 'package' at the discounted price.  There may be sites where the pricing is differrent - pitch/per person/electricity - and in this cases it may be cheaper to pay the standard tariff with just one person.

Sites in France don't usually have a 'singles' policy, and are happy to accept single people - and it will be no different using the ACSI Card.

If you haven't already got your ACSI Card and guides, then there is one advertised on another forum for just £8.00 including postage.  There is also one on another forum which is being offered free of charge - again I have the details.  Both are genuine offers, this year's guides and card, unused and unsigned.  Both were people who received two copies in error. Email me on valdaathome@gmail.com if you're interested.

Have a good trip!

replied on 31/01/2016 09:02

Posted on 31/01/2016 09:02

eurortraveller replied on 31/01/2016 09:22

Posted on 31/01/2016 09:22

Nigel, whether you get the ACSI card depends on the sort of campsites you intend to use. I have mapped out in my mind our own probable route from Cornwall to Provence and back in June - and none of the sites we are likely to call at are in the ACSI discount scheme. They are all either smaller privately owned sites, or municipal sites, which fall below the ACSI radar. But other people differ. 

replied on 31/01/2016 09:36

Posted on 31/01/2016 09:36

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook