2013 Swift Challenger 530 SE hot water.

Greygit replied on 05/07/2016 08:26

Posted on 05/07/2016 08:26

Can anyone help?

We have a (new to us) 2013 Swift Challenger 530 SE and we don't seem to be getting hot water only on electric , by only I mean when the heating is not working as it seems fine then. Is there a switch or something I should be looking at?  It's fine on gas.

Thanks

MichaelT replied on 05/07/2016 09:00

Posted on 05/07/2016 09:00

Do you have ALDE system?? If so you must go to the control panel (ALDE) and turn the electric option on to 1, 2 or 3 kw.  The heating should be turned down to 5 degrees and it should work OK. 

Greygit replied on 05/07/2016 09:29

Posted on 05/07/2016 09:29

Yes it's an Aldi  system and I think you are right in what you say as it wasn't showing any watts chosen but when I chose 1watt I heard a click down by the boiler. I have to go out now but when I return I am pretty certain there will be hot water.

Thank you very much MichaelIT.

KjellNN replied on 05/07/2016 10:52

Posted on 05/07/2016 10:52

If you do not have any instructions for the Alde, you can download them on the Alde website.

If you are going to use the shower in the van, you need to set the highest level of kw, and it's a good idea to turn on the water temperature  boost too.  This only stays on for 30 minutes, then reverts to the standard temperature.

KjellNN replied on 05/07/2016 10:59

Posted on 05/07/2016 10:59

If your van has a similar electrical set up to ours (also a Swift) you may have 2 mains switches on your mains consumer unit marked "water heater" and "space heater".

Only one of those actually gives power to the Alde, the other is not used.  It tells you in the caravan handbook which is used, but as we can never remember, we just leave them both on.

Greygit replied on 05/07/2016 15:25

Posted on 05/07/2016 15:25

If your van has a similar electrical set up to ours (also a Swift) you may have 2 mains switches on your mains consumer unit marked "water heater" and "space heater".

Only one of those actually gives power to the Alde, the other is not used.  It tells you in the caravan handbook which is used, but as we can never remember, we just leave them both on.

Our switch is marked hot water/heating and it was on but I didn't realize you had to switch on the electric at the Aldi panel to get hot water, but saying that we now have hot water, thanks to MichealIT.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook