Wow we are new Family of 4 to the caravan club😄

dan46 replied on 26/03/2017 22:57

Posted on 26/03/2017 22:57

Hi we are new to all this, we bought our first caravan last year and went to the NEC show in Feb and have finally decided to join the club. We would like to meet new people and the children to meet new friends, and we see there are a few rally's that go on, which we would love to join in, but there are so many, so stuck on how and what happens on these. We have an 8 year old and 6 year old active children, so after some ideas for cheap weekends away and with the rally groups we are from Suffolk so local to us would be great willing to travel 2.5 hrs to get to sone of these sites. Look forward to a few replies 😄😊

ABM replied on 26/03/2017 23:12

Posted on 26/03/2017 23:12

Welcome  to  the  C&MC  dan46  &  family  --  you  will  find  children  of  all  ages  on  here    some  of  'em  still  playing  in  their  70's  !!

It's  a  tad  late  on  a  Sunday  but  lots  of  replays  coming  your  way  over  the  next  few  days  believe  me !!

Brian  A B M

peedee replied on 27/03/2017 06:49

Posted on 27/03/2017 06:49

You do not need to be a centre member to attend a rally in fact you may find initially it is best not to join a centre but to try a few rallies run by the local centres within your catchment area. Go to the >Whats On< page and search for what is available in your area. All rallies are different so try a few to find out what suits you.

Best of luck

peedee

Pippah45 replied on 27/03/2017 08:51

Posted on 27/03/2017 08:51

Welcome Dan - its some 40 years since my children were the age of yours but they loved the club and made friends.  I think a CL near Leeds Castle would have rated Number one back then - not only was there a castle but they were allowed to help milk the cows at the farm.  Have a wonderful time with them!  My top tip would be to involve them in the whole process - fetching water etc etc.  I don't think children are ever too young to help - even when they hinder laughing

Bakers2 replied on 27/03/2017 15:40

Posted on 27/03/2017 15:40

Hello and welcome to the club and CT. Our offspring have flown and we didn't have a motorhome/caravan when they were young but I wish we had! Sorry can't help on rally front as haven't tried ourselves either. It's on the list. I agree with advice above try some out and see what suits. Enjoy 😃

AndyNYorks replied on 28/03/2017 08:56

Posted on 28/03/2017 08:56

Welcome Dan & family. If you are looking for cheap weekends with the children, rallies may well suit your purposes. Take a look at your local centres websites, they will give you a good idea of what is available in your area. If you think you are interested in a particular rally but are not sure if it would be good for the children, give the rally marshal or centre rally secretary a call, I am sure they will do their best to help and give advice.

Firedragon replied on 28/03/2017 11:58

Posted on 28/03/2017 11:58

Hi Dan & family, rallies are great for families and this time of year they will be out on fields and very varied in what they offer. Every centre is different so I too would recommend trying a few to see if you and your kids can make friends, many centres have Youth sections but some go through phases where the children have grown and the youth aspect lapses for a while, so try out Suffolk, Norfolk,North & South Essex, Mid Anglia, they are all in your area. Have a look at each centres website (there are links under the Membership heading at the top of this page) there will be a full list of their rallies and often what is on at them too and many have a Gallery page so you can have a look at previous rallies too. Don't be discouraged if the first one or two you try are not your cup of tea, every rally is different and larger centres (like South Essex for example) may have more than  one on at a time and each is run by a different group. It is a case of finding the right fit for you and yours. Good Luck, any questions ask away laughing

Alison

Groch1 replied on 26/05/2017 17:58

Posted on 26/05/2017 17:58

Hi, we are a family of 4, two boys aged 14 and 8, together with our small cavalier king Charles,  we bought a tourer last year and loved it. My husband has since had a major operation and hooking up and towing is now not feasible so we are looking to site our tourer, preferably within an hours drive from the Wirral, possibly Wales, wondered if you had any recommendations for sites. We are not fussed on clubhouses and lots of entertainment but a nice site with activities/walks etc to enjoy and keep our boys entertained, grateful for any ideas, hope I've posted in correct discussion☺ Many thanks in advance

DSB replied on 27/05/2017 19:04

Posted on 27/05/2017 19:04

Hi Dan.  Just a short note from me to welcome you to the CAMC and especially to Club Together.  There are many on here with experience of rallying who will be able to help.  Look forward to reading how you are getting on.

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook