What is this?

amyvee44 replied on 29/06/2023 13:44

Posted on 29/06/2023 13:44

Hello everyone.  I'm new here on the forum but I've been a member for 11 years.  I've come across this tucked away behind the cassette toilet cupboard in our Autosleeper Topaz campervan.  Can anyone tell me what it is and how to use it.  I'm assuming it's something to do with filling the water tank. Thank you for any help.

richardandros replied on 29/06/2023 15:12

Posted on 29/06/2023 15:12

Simple - it's a ball valve that screws into the side cap of your Aquaroll.  Connect your (blue-food grade) hose to it and the other end to a tap when on a serviced pitch.  Leave the tap open and as you draw water off via the aquaroll pump - the aquaroll will fill up again.  Ball valve automatically cuts water flow off when the desired level in the aquaroll is reached.  I am assuming that you don't have an inboard tank in your camper and rely on an aquaroll for your water supply?

Tinwheeler replied on 29/06/2023 16:05

Posted on 29/06/2023 16:05

Ah, I see you’re already there, AV, and have been given the same answer as R&R above. Job done 👍🏻

EmilysDad replied on 30/06/2023 22:55

Posted on 30/06/2023 10:35 by Amesford

It's a "ball cock" and works just like the one in your loo 

Posted on 30/06/2023 22:55

when was the last time you saw a ball cock in a toilet cistern?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook