Second caravan

Paul Richards replied on 23/01/2020 15:59

Posted on 23/01/2020 15:59

Hi. On my second caravan but only just joined the club. Keen motorsport enthusiast and bought an ageing Bailey caravan for use in the paddock at races. My wife was dead against caravanning but persuaded her to give it a try. Amongst other things we used it to attend the Goodwood Festival of Speed and she is now a convert and agreed we could buy a newer caravan so we purchased a Coachman a few months ago. Looking forward to better weather and getting about in it. 

We like the idea of spending time in the caravan to attend events, concerts etc. Any suggestions appreciated. 

ABM replied on 23/01/2020 16:41

Posted on 23/01/2020 16:41

Welcome to the Club Mr & Mrs Paul  smile

Motor sport is not really my bucket, BUT , I am rather ( !! ) keen on the Steam Traction Engines, so I find regular visits to Steam Rallies give me a good kick, and having a m/van allows for adequate rest periods  as well as a supply of hot water for the bathing of tootsies  after making the obligatory cuppas wink ( Phew --  all that in one breath innocent !)

Paul Richards replied on 23/01/2020 17:51

Posted on 23/01/2020 17:51

Thanks for your reply. Quite happy to visit steam fairs and the like. Looking for any suggestions. We used to enjoy visits to the Shoreham air show until this stopped following the tragic accident. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook