Satellite TV

domscap replied on 02/07/2018 17:08

Posted on 02/07/2018 17:08

Hi all,

My wife and I are heading to the South of France in a couple of weeks and were wondering if it was possible to watch UK TV through a satellite tv system. If so what type would we need. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/07/2018 17:24

Posted on 02/07/2018 17:24

Is it UK terrestrial TV you want to watch or are you thinking about Sky TV? If its a former then given the time scale I imagine you are thinking  of a freestanding dish. If so you will need a minimum of an 85cms dish + tripod in the South of France. You will also need a satellite receiver for FTA programmes although sometimes these are built into the likes of Avtex and Cello TV's. Those the basics but its a pretty big subject.

David

domscap replied on 02/07/2018 19:45

Posted on 02/07/2018 19:45

Thank you DavidKlyne and DougS. From the little research I have done myself so far I think I will be struggling to get UK terrestrial tv down there.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/07/2018 22:01

Posted on 02/07/2018 22:01

Perhaps using the term terrestrial is little misleading, what I was meaning was did you want to watch the UK programmes usually found on terrestrial in the UK?

We have an 85cms roof mounted automatic dish on our motorhome and I got all UK FTA programmes as far south as Carcassonne. Where are you heading? Don't forget that tree cover can cause issues in trying to get a picture from your pitch unless you have a clear view of the sky. 

David

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook