Returner

Forest Gate replied on 17/06/2020 19:32

Posted on 17/06/2020 19:32

Hi all;

Having been without a caravan for the past 5 years we are now returning to the fold having purchased a Bailey Unicorn Valencia S3.

First impressions are that the Club website is painfully slow... Is it due to the weight of numbers using it as the lockdown eases or is it normal? The mobile app seems much quicker but I don't find it as easy to use.

Also, in the club book and the hard copy map, CL's are denoted and cross referenced with a number. Is there a reason why the number isn't used on the website map?

Otherwise, glad to be back and looking forward to being able to hitch up again!

Tinwheeler replied on 17/06/2020 19:49

Posted on 17/06/2020 19:49

Welcome back.

The website, and CT in particular, has experienced big problems over the last few days. Today it’s working well after being repaired overnight.

I've forgotten what the reason is for CLs not being numbered on the website. Something to do with the numbers not being constant I think.

nelliethehooker replied on 17/06/2020 20:33

Posted on 17/06/2020 20:33

Welcome back from me too FG.

Because those at HO deemed that each CL should be numbered consecutively, ( within alphabetically consecutive counties, then towns) which of course changes every 2 yrs because of cancellation and the odd addition, and so were not given a unique number, it was presumably thought that the computer system could not handle the bi-yearly change of number. There was a discussion on here a long while ago with suggestions of numbering systems that would work, but that is as far as it got.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook