Retired - time to wander

Photosbykev replied on 21/02/2018 17:10

Posted on 21/02/2018 17:10

Just retired at 60 and bought a new motorhome to travel the UK in 2018 and Europe in 2019. The motorhome is due for delivery in May :)

Just me, the better half  and our dog Bailey :) You will see a lot of Bailey in the coming months as I'm passionate about photography and Bailey loves being photographed lol. I'm into pretty much any form of photography and timelapsing as long as it's a challenge.

Hopefully we won't have too many questions along the way.

best regards

Kev

ABM replied on 21/02/2018 17:22

Posted on 21/02/2018 17:22

Welcome  to  the  Club  &  CT  Kev  --  you  pictures  should  make  a  welcome  improvement  to  the  site,  and  a  few  might ( only  might  )  try  to  respond  !!

Keep  telling  us  where  you  &  the  BH  are  walking  Bailey-pup  wink

DSB replied on 21/02/2018 17:34

Posted on 21/02/2018 17:34

Hi Photosbykev and welcome to Club Together.  Good to hear you have joined the Club and are looking forward to getting out and about.  We are just thinking about getting out in the caravan in 2018 and have booked a few nights at Poolsbrook CAMC site to help us get on the road for the year.  Do let us know how you get on with the Motorhome and ask any questions you wish - there are plenty of sections to choose from.

David

Oneputt replied on 21/02/2018 18:32

Posted on 21/02/2018 18:32

Welcome PBK to CT.  Great pics, thanks for posting

Edit just had a quick look at your website, very good

Extugger replied on 22/02/2018 08:43

Posted on 22/02/2018 08:43

Welcome to CT Kev.

May your new wanderings be many and plentiful. Enjoy laughing

Broadside replied on 22/02/2018 15:35

Posted on 22/02/2018 15:35

Hi Kev. Like you, I retired a few years ago and we have been enjoying it with our new caravan. Caravanning/motorhoming is made for and suits retirement, allowing you to go away, where you want, when you want and for as long as you want. We have been abroad but we now mainly holiday in the UK where there is an abundance of excellent sites and locations to enjoy. Our best trip so far was a 5 week tour of Scotland in September/October 2016, absolutely beautiful, plenty of photographic choice there.  I was interested in your clip of the Northern Lights. We are going there on The Aurora cruise liner in November this year as part of our Golden Wedding celebrations so we hope to see The Lights, something my better half has always wanted to do. What did you use to film the lights?, and did you go on a cruise?

The holidaying season is nearly here, so enjoy your retirement and your motorhome.    

Photosbykev replied on 22/02/2018 18:30

Posted on 22/02/2018 15:35 by Broadside

Hi Kev. Like you, I retired a few years ago and we have been enjoying it with our new caravan. Caravanning/motorhoming is made for and suits retirement, allowing you to go away, where you want, when you want and for as long as you want. We have been abroad but we now mainly holiday in the UK where there is an abundance of excellent sites and locations to enjoy. Our best trip so far was a 5 week tour of Scotland in September/October 2016, absolutely beautiful, plenty of photographic choice there.  I was interested in your clip of the Northern Lights. We are going there on The Aurora cruise liner in November this year as part of our Golden Wedding celebrations so we hope to see The Lights, something my better half has always wanted to do. What did you use to film the lights?, and did you go on a cruise?

The holidaying season is nearly here, so enjoy your retirement and your motorhome.    

Posted on 22/02/2018 18:30

We went to Norway in mid January and stayed in the Malangen area just south of Tromso. A big 4 x 4 truck was used for travelling from location to location so no water involved just lots and lots of ice and snow with temperatures down to around -18c. Plenty more images of the region and thoughts on equipment and clothes can be seen on this link http://www.photosbykev.co.uk/2018/01/22/norway-delights/

I was using Canon full frame 5D Mk4 and Mk3 bodies with fast f/2.8 lenses which allowed exposures down to around 5 seconds @ iso1600-3200. Please do not expect to see the vivid green and red colours that are in the images, the cameras are far more sensitive than our eyes and can capture the colours. By eye, you might get a hint of green and red IF your eyes are dark adapted so you need to observe it in a very dark location and ideally around the time of a new moon.

Scotland is high on the agenda for this year up around the north coast and across to Skye and then down into the lake district.

regards

Kev

Outdoor Lady replied on 23/02/2018 18:08

Posted on 23/02/2018 18:08

Your reply to Broadside has answered my questions ....the Northern Lights are on my bucket list and hopefully we will be going next year for my Big Birthday in February.

Thank you for sharing, look forward to seeing a picture of Bailey. Enjoy your retirement

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook