Recommendation

GJPatterson replied on 16/02/2022 17:03

Posted on 16/02/2022 17:03

Hi everyone 

Im new to club and would really appreciate your recommendation on the best club site?.

I am registered blind so looking for relaxation but with dog walks and shopping for the wife.

JVB66 replied on 16/02/2022 17:09

Posted on 16/02/2022 17:09

Welcome to this forum that at times may work wink

How long is a piece of string ?  as far as best site is concerned as "one mans meat?"

Where are you based which will give us all a chance to assist?

And what distance from base

brue replied on 16/02/2022 17:22

Posted on 16/02/2022 17:22

Hello and welcome to Club Together.

I wonder if somewhere in the Cotswolds might suit, three sites come to mind, all fairly level on site and off for walks  and good local shops. I'm thinking of Broadway, Moreton in Marsh and also Cirencester. I'm sure others will come up with ideas too. 

nelliethehooker replied on 16/02/2022 20:52

Posted on 16/02/2022 20:52

Depends on area you wish to visit, of course, and for shopping do you mean for food only or to have a wander around? White Water Park near Stockton has Good walking along by the Tees and around an adjacent small country park, and there is a large Tesco within easy walking distance.

brue replied on 17/02/2022 08:43

Posted on 17/02/2022 08:43

Warwick is another good site with Warwick Common adjacent and the town just a few minutes walk, Warwick has a market too.

Graydjames replied on 19/02/2022 12:49

Posted on 19/02/2022 12:49

It depends a lot on the kind of shopping that your wife seeks. If just food shopping, larger supermarkets near at hand might be preferred; however, for more varied shopping and especially for smaller independent shops, then that means somewhere quite different. There is also the question of how far you wish to travel, and I do not know where you live.  

I would endorse the Cotswolds recommendations and White Water (strange thing, from my previous visit, I thought it was a Tesco that is very close as stated by nellie, but I am going there next week and I checked and it is actually an ASDA. Oh well - can't have everything).

They are a very long way, and probably too far depending on where you live, but Ayr, one of my favourite sites, is great for both walking and shopping. Also Stonehaven - farther still, probably, and Forfar all good for a combination of great walks and good shopping options. 

Possibly, arguably, a perfect option, and hopefully not so far, is Seacroft at Cromer. Sea air, lots of walks and really good for all kinds of shopping.  

replied on 19/02/2022 12:58

Posted on 19/02/2022 12:58

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 19/02/2022 13:24

Posted on 19/02/2022 13:24

Southport site is right on the edge of town and next to the dunes and a park for dog walking. If you want to explore Liverpool then the train station is on the edge of town and will take you into the centre of the city.

If you are in Scotland then the site at North Berwick is excellent for dog walking and the town can be walked from the site  along the coast and a quiet back road but is about 3 miles distant.

replied on 19/02/2022 13:24

Posted on 19/02/2022 13:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

N1805 replied on 19/02/2022 13:38

Posted on 19/02/2022 13:38

As you don’t say an area you are interested in and I am guessing you want sites where you are able to walk and shop without having to drive off site here are 2 in different locations that come to mind – Tewkesbury Abbey – York, Rowntree Park.  It would be interesting to know if you find something that suits you both.  Good luck and enjoy.

Cornersteady replied on 19/02/2022 13:49

Posted on 19/02/2022 13:49

If you're travelling north of the border then Melrose is very good, actually in the town, easy walking both in the town and along the river and some very good local shops. Just along the road is the railway station (free parking) to Edinburgh and the local towns are all interesting.

If you give some idea of which areas you are interested then you'll get more sites to choose from.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook