newby

ipt replied on 19/10/2017 13:08

Posted on 19/10/2017 13:08

Hi just joined and buying a new motorhome with tax free portion of pension. Camped caravanned and motor homed at various times over the years but never joined the club.

Interested to know how £12 a night site fees works?

compass362 replied on 19/10/2017 16:16

Posted on 19/10/2017 13:08 by ipt

Hi just joined and buying a new motorhome with tax free portion of pension. Camped caravanned and motor homed at various times over the years but never joined the club.

Interested to know how £12 a night site fees works?

Posted on 19/10/2017 16:16

Sorry....don't want to be the one to burst your bubble , perhaps you are confusing the £12 non member supplement per night you'll save being a member & booking .

I don't know of any club sites that charge £12 a night  , non toilet block sites may be nearest at around £15 per night , your may get some none EHU Cl's around that price ....👍

I'm sure someone will be along who knows the pricing better than me .

Welcome to the club .

nelliethehooker replied on 19/10/2017 20:18

Posted on 19/10/2017 20:18

The only way a £12 per night fee (or there about) would apply is if you're a solo 'vanner, and you use certain club sites out of high season. It would take a serious search through the site directory to sort out all that would come in at round that price.

Perhaps an explanation of the pricing structure would assist you.

There are two sections to the pricing structure, 1. a cost per night for the pitch & 2. a cost per person in the unit.  Then there are a series of different levels of pricing during the season...usually low season, mid season (between school holidays from roughly Easter onwards) and a peak season (roughly the same time as the school holidays or a bit longer). There are many anomalies to this pricing structure too, as some sites have only 2 levels, some are all the same price during the year, and then others which have a mid week discount on the pitch price. It is all very confusing.  Doubt that HO know exactly what the full picture is themselves!!! 

ipt replied on 22/10/2017 06:48

Posted on 22/10/2017 06:48

I guess I did not explain myself. The club advertising says save £12 per night. I now see that being a club member you do not have to pay an additional supplement. So the fees shown in the book are those you pay. I am afraid that was not clear to me. embarassed

ipt replied on 22/10/2017 07:01

Posted on 22/10/2017 07:01

Yes Nelliethehooker your explanation is very clear and precise. I had worked that out but would have appreciated your simple and precise description in the front of the site directory handbook - club officials please take note.undecided

In the days we camped a lot we tended to use small private sites which were cheap, we have always been on an agricultural wage, and I will admit they were basic, but we thoroughly enjoyed them. The memory of a farmers donkey looking through the tent door is pricelesslaughing

Personally I would vote for a much simpler pricing system if that were possible. What do the younger members feel. I see from the voting system that at 65 I may well be one of the younger members ???

ChrisRogers replied on 22/10/2017 08:13

Posted on 22/10/2017 08:13

Basic CL's are from £6 a night, first photo, near York. Second £14.50 a night in October Club's North Yorkshire Moors site, no facilities but EHU. Dare I say it? We tend to use the C&CC temporary holiday sites a lot now, no booking (a few you have to), they run from 1 - 8 weeks, in some good locations, cheap from around £8 a night, more outings, so we go off when we want and stay as long as we want. So yes there is lots of cheap caravanning out there.

Merve replied on 22/10/2017 20:39

Posted on 22/10/2017 20:39

Ipt, if you go non EHU, then nights of £4- £6 are perfectly possible.  The only problem is if you have a very heavy MH as these sites are normally grass although we did come across a site in the Lakes this year that was complete with hard standings (if a little unkept) at £5.50pn welcome to the club and best of luck to you. 

paul56 replied on 23/10/2017 19:03

Posted on 23/10/2017 19:03

Welcome to the Club. Forget about the £12 a night and enjoy the trip. There are loads of CLs out there at £15 a night including elec. 

nelliethehooker replied on 23/10/2017 20:43

Posted on 23/10/2017 19:03 by paul56

Welcome to the Club. Forget about the £12 a night and enjoy the trip. There are loads of CLs out there at £15 a night including elec. 

Posted on 23/10/2017 20:43

There are many CL with EHU that charge a bit less that, £11-£12 pn, all one has to do is a bit of research on the club's web site or in the Site Directory.

DSB replied on 25/10/2017 00:25

Posted on 25/10/2017 00:25

Hi lpt.  Just a quick note from me to welcome you to Club Together.  Good to have you on board and look forward to reading your posts.

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook