Newbie Alert

Finfernan replied on 13/08/2018 18:45

Posted on 13/08/2018 18:45

Hello Campers! 

Relative Newbie here, we bought our caravan last August (2017) having converted from a tent which we'd used for camping for many years. 

We bought a 2014 Swift Challenger Fairway SE, it's the 442 2 berth model and we love it. I had the van serviced recently and the chap spotted a few cracks/crazing on the upper rear panel. So I contacted the dealer, and after sending in a few pictures, Swift have agreed to fit an entire new rear panel. Pretty pleased with the response having heard some horror stories from others ref the after sales service from some dealers. 

My first trip was from home in Solihull down to Cornwall, no point in messing about ha ha! We've been to Herefordshire; another trip to Cornwall and to Dorset and we're off to the other end of Dorset in a few weeks. All in all, really enjoying the new "hobby" so, please be gentle with me if I ask daft questions. 

Paul 

JillwithaJay replied on 15/08/2018 09:26

Posted on 15/08/2018 09:26

Hi Paul and welcome to Club Together.  No question is daft if you don't know the answer.  We've all had to start somewhere.  Just browse through the discussions and post in whichever section your question relates to.

bandgirl replied on 15/08/2018 11:43

Posted on 15/08/2018 11:43

Hello, and welcome, Paul.  We too found Swift very good undertaking work under warranty on both our previous caravan, and our current Challenger.  We had a 2008 Abbey GTS, which we bought in 2011, that had some water ingress in the locker on the nearside, and around the front offside window noted by our service engineer on separate occasions. Both were replaced/ fixed quickly, and without quibble.  Our current caravan, a 2015 Challenger SE, has had the microwave replaced because there was a fault causing it to short and, recently, the Thetford cooker repaired because the grill burner had dropped down.  They would have replaced the whole cooker under warranty if necessary.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you around here in the future.

DSB replied on 16/08/2018 23:39

Posted on 16/08/2018 23:39

Hi Paul.  Welcome to Club Together - great to hear from you.  Please feel free to ask any questions - there are no stupid questions!  😀  We've all been there and some of us (especially me!), have made most of the errors.

Look forward to reading your posts.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook