Honeymonster18 replied on 03/06/2018 21:34

Posted on 03/06/2018 21:34

Hi,

My family and I are new to caravanning, collecting our caravan in 3 weeks from dealer, CC course in 2 weeks time, and house filling up with numerous things that will find there way into the van eventually.

We did go round the North Coast 500 in a motorhome earlier in the year, loved the experience, albeit felt cramped in the motorhome, so looking forward to seeing how we get on heading south this summer in with the caravan. We have booked sites in Derbyshire, Hampshire (CC Site) and Devon for our summer holidays this year, with whole family excited about the prospect (teenage daughter hiding it well...) laughing

AndyH

lornalou1 replied on 04/06/2018 11:01

Posted on 04/06/2018 11:01

hope you have a descent tow car for a twin axle. happy caravanning for years to come. 

ABM replied on 04/06/2018 13:02

Posted on 04/06/2018 13:02

Welcome  to  the  Fun  Farm   HM18  wink.  At  least  you've  done  the  wise  thing  in  hiring  first  'cos  its  an  horrid  feeling  to have  spent  MegaBucks  on  Caravan  &  car / Motorhome  only  to  find  its  not  going  to  do  what  you  wanted !!

Please,  please  do  tell  us  of  your  adventures  { &  the  comments  from  the  Teenage  fraternity  too  !}  laughingsurprised

PhilHeller replied on 04/06/2018 17:40

Posted on 04/06/2018 17:40

If possible book a couple of nights local to your dealer when you pick it so you can try everything out before heading off. Enjoy yourselves👍

DSB replied on 04/06/2018 20:21

Posted on 04/06/2018 20:21

Hi Andy.  Welcome to Club Together.  All the best for the towing course - I hear it is very good - lots of good feedback from those who attend.  Take your time when you pick up the new caravan and make sure you ask any questions- a list might be useful.  Do let us know how you get on.

David

Bakers2 replied on 04/06/2018 20:32

Posted on 04/06/2018 20:32

Hello and welcome to CT and our hobby, do keep us posted on your outings.

Great idea to do the towing course before collection 😉,  I hear good reports of it. Good advice to stay for a couple of nights to the dealers in case you need assistance. There will be much to take in during the handover, don't let them rush you. If possible record or better still video the handover - it's amazing what has slipped your mind away when you go out for the 2nd time 😂.

There's a wealth of knowledge on CT and members, don't be afraid to ask for assistance on here or on site. The wardens are great if you let them know you're newbies.

bandgirl replied on 04/06/2018 21:59

Posted on 04/06/2018 21:59

Welcome Andy.  The towing course is excellent.  I did it in 2016, having been a "back seat driver" for several years.  Wishing you and your family all the best for your future caravanning pursuits.  You may find that there's often something that doesn't go quite as you expect, but always ask someone on site for help and advice.

Extugger replied on 04/06/2018 22:19

Posted on 04/06/2018 22:19

Hi Andy

Welcome from me too.

Great to see you've joined the wonderful world of caravanning and may you have many adventures in the years ahead.

As you see from the above comments - there's plenty of people on here and at sites, who are only too willing to help.

Enjoy! laughing

NickyKnix replied on 07/06/2018 11:55

Posted on 07/06/2018 11:55

Welcome from the Club!

Have a lovely tour in the Summer.

That is, if we actually get one.  kiss

I was recently trained on the courses.

That will boost your confidence, no end!

replied on 07/06/2018 12:08

Posted on 07/06/2018 12:08

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

BrianJosie replied on 11/06/2018 19:04

Posted on 03/06/2018 21:34 by Honeymonster18

Hi,

My family and I are new to caravanning, collecting our caravan in 3 weeks from dealer, CC course in 2 weeks time, and house filling up with numerous things that will find there way into the van eventually.

We did go round the North Coast 500 in a motorhome earlier in the year, loved the experience, albeit felt cramped in the motorhome, so looking forward to seeing how we get on heading south this summer in with the caravan. We have booked sites in Derbyshire, Hampshire (CC Site) and Devon for our summer holidays this year, with whole family excited about the prospect (teenage daughter hiding it well...) laughing

AndyH

Posted on 11/06/2018 19:04

Hi Andy and welcome to CT and the C&MC,enjoy your travel in your new van👍

Brian & Jo

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook