Wumpster replied on 30/09/2018 14:52

Posted on 30/09/2018 14:52

Hi every one another caravan virgin lol i have a classic 1992 Volvo 940 i take to classic car shows and finaly decided tents are not for me any more to long in the tooth now lol so i got a van in keeping with the age of the tow car a 1995 swift 480 SE movers on it solar panel one owner van from new and in very good condition all round did my first off grid run 2 weeks back in Macclesfield all went well i am happy to say so off over to north wales this thursday for a few days to try out all the 240v side of things 

ABM replied on 30/09/2018 17:03

Posted on 30/09/2018 17:03

Welcome  indeed  Wumpster,  hope  you  thoroughly  enjoy  your  'van  in  all  modes  laughing

If  you  can  scan  thro'  this  ghastly  forum  you  might  come  across  a  post  or  six ( hundred  that  is  )  by  a  chappie  called  MERVE  who  posted  oodles  of  bits  of  info  w r t  the  "Off  Grid "  life.

Have  Fun 

Brian

cyberyacht replied on 01/10/2018 08:57

Posted on 01/10/2018 08:57

If you are going to do a lot of 'off-grid' you may want to investigate refillable gas cylinders. They will save you 'loadsa money' over time.

Bakers2 replied on 01/10/2018 09:15

Posted on 01/10/2018 09:15

Hello and welcome to CT and our great hobby.

Here's the link to the thread mentioned by ABM above. It's a long one 😉 but great info! Get yourself a cuppa and settle done for a good read through, not necessarily in one sitting 😂. Thrive without ehu

Sadly the search facility in this site us abysmal 😤😤. I got rubbish results when I searched via the club but it came up 2nd down on Google 😂

Enjoy your trips. If you have question ask, were generally a friendly bunch, and if, in the case of some info that's been discussed lots, we can generally point you in the direction of useful threads. You'll also discover lots of ways to do things, it's not a one size fits all. Watch and learn on sites too and don't be afraid to ask for help from fellow campers. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook