New to touring

Alan237 replied on 25/02/2018 19:08

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:08

Hi! we are new to touring having spent the last 30 years towing a 21ft 4 berth sailing yacht. Towing and reversing is therefore familiar to us, but didn't prepare us for our first forays into caravan touring! We purchased a 2014 Pegasus Verona privately last year and booked our first pitch in the Lake District for 5 nights. That was 3 days without running water as I couldn't fathom the pump command! Instinctively I reached for my tools and stripped the exterior socket and reassembled it repeatedly until the adjacent caravaner popped across, took one look, pressed the correct icon which I had mistaken for the heating system, and hey presto! running water (which wouldn't switch off) that took another session of strip and reassembly of the socket to correct my misassembly! Apart from the non flushing toilet - subsequently fixed by cleaning the pump and freeing off the jammed mechanism -the rest was plain sailing - please forgive the boating reference! An inoperative motor mover was the next fix - handset repair to faulty on off switch - now we are fully prepared for 2018 adventures!

nelliethehooker replied on 25/02/2018 19:34

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:34

Alan, the exceptionally slow way this forum works when posting means that, obviously, you thought that your post had not worked hence you're triple post. One just has to be patient. You can of course edit and delete any extra posts if and when they appear.

replied on 25/02/2018 19:49

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:49

Welcome aboard Alan

Alan237 replied on 26/02/2018 07:18

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:34 by nelliethehooker

Alan, the exceptionally slow way this forum works when posting means that, obviously, you thought that your post had not worked hence you're triple post. One just has to be patient. You can of course edit and delete any extra posts if and when they appear.

Posted on 26/02/2018 07:18

Whoops sorry about that! Think I have the hang of it now - like reaching for the tool kit, I'm inclned to rush straight in with a fix!! 

ABM replied on 26/02/2018 15:24

Posted on 26/02/2018 15:24

Welcome  to  the  Fun  Factory  Alan  !!  With  the  soggyness  of  UK Climate  your  boating  knowledge  should  come  in  handy  wink

Shuttleworths replied on 27/02/2018 08:45

Posted on 27/02/2018 08:45

Welcome Alan237, hope you have many years of happy caravanning to come! Your initial trials have prepared you well I think, it is not uncommon for something to go wrong, at least, that is my experience anyway!. Key seems to be to do what you have done, stay optimistic and keep your sense of humour! 

DSB replied on 27/02/2018 17:43

Posted on 27/02/2018 17:43

Hi folks.  There appears to be two threads running with exactly the same title and opening post.  I have closed the other one and am posting on this thread so that it comes up first in the order.

Thanks

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook