New to all this....be gentle

Joolz88 replied on 23/10/2018 16:50

Posted on 23/10/2018 16:50

Hi all.

I'm due to start working away from home, so bought myself a 2005 Bailey Senator Wyoming, twin axle. Its going to be permanently sited at a secured site which has only 5 caravans, only 2 miles from work. I'll be living there sunday nights through till thursday. My problem is that I can't find insurance that covers this. Some insurance companies won't cover due to there being less than 10 caravans on the site. Has anyone got any advice or names of Insurance companies that cover this.

Thanks in advance.

IanTG replied on 30/10/2018 16:46

Posted on 30/10/2018 16:46

Welcome. Pretty sure CaravanGuard have no such restriction, and I guess it’s highly unlikely this club’s own insurance would have either, seeing as the club ‘promotes’ hundreds of CL sites which are limited to a max of 5 vans.

what may be more of a limitation for some insurance companies is the fact that you intend to use it for something other than as a temporary leisure/holiday accommodation. Some folk may wish to be creative in their description of use, but I couldn’t advise such.

Anyway, good luck.

DSB replied on 31/10/2018 13:58

Posted on 31/10/2018 13:58

Hi Joolz.  Welcome to Club Together.  I think it is probably worth giving the Club's Insurance team a ring and talk through your requirements with them.

Best wishes 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook