New motorhomer 😝

Nanny123 replied on 05/05/2019 09:26

Posted on 05/05/2019 09:26

My husband and I have just bought a swift 684 and about to embark our second very nervous trip. 

We have been campers for over 20 years and love the life.

Motorhoming is totally new to us but we thoroughly enjoyed our first ( very local short trip )

Has anyone bought an outback trekker BBQ and connected to the outside BBQ point on the van? Some are reporting lack of bbq heat! Also the awning we have bought will cover the connection so will we need a long hose to bring it out beyond the awning?

So much to learn yet 😫😫 only just getting to grips with swift command and different power source options.

One massive positive though , we are dry for a change in the rain 😂😂

Justus2 replied on 05/05/2019 11:33

Posted on 05/05/2019 11:33

Your BBQ needs to be at a safe distance from the awning before use. Some have a suitable length of hose which allows that, others use their spare gas bottle for their BBQs whilst leaving the other in the gas locker supplying the cooker etc.. If you only have one bottle, as yet, your choice is more limited. Either solution works.

Tinwheeler replied on 05/05/2019 12:02

Posted on 05/05/2019 12:02

For safety’s sake, you should not use a long trailing hose and you should be able to reach the gas bottle easily and quickly in order to turn it off in the (unlikely) event of a burn back along the pipe. 

SteveL replied on 05/05/2019 14:13

Posted on 05/05/2019 14:13

Has anyone bought an outback trekker BBQ and connected to the outside BBQ point on the van? Some are reporting lack of bbq heat!

We have a large Cadac, which I think utilises a similar cooking system, and this has the same problem, particularly in cooler conditions and if not using the lid. Personally I think the size is just too big for the system of cooking, resulting in heat loss. The smaller Safari chef works fine and is adequate for the two of us. We now very rarely use the large version.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook