New member on the block

Wild Roamer replied on 24/05/2020 17:27

Posted on 24/05/2020 17:27

Hi all, just a quick line to say hello having just signed up online. I am an oldie gearing up for a return to caravanning, well motorhoming this time, along with my wife and a very big list of places we want to explore in the UK. We have just spent 4 years exploring the inland waterways of the U.K. and once free rom the grips of COVID Lockdown are looking forward to travelling the highways and byways of this beautiful land. 

We haven't yet been able to purchase our outfit but we are favouring a Used 2 berth PVC along the lines of a Globecar Campscout or an Adria Twin which we think will give us the degree of comfort required whilst still of a size to explore the smaller byways. Any opinions on our anticipated choice are welcome particularly with regard to the habitation entrance being on the vehicles offside.

Hope to meet many of you in the near future

Tinwheeler replied on 24/05/2020 17:43

Posted on 24/05/2020 17:43

Hi, WR and welcome.

I can't comment on those vans in particular but a PVC is a great dual purpose vehicle for both site use and getting out and about.

As for the hab door being on the O/S, I cant see that presenting any problems, especially if you have through access to the hab area from the cab.

Enjoy your (eventual) trips.

Wild Roamer replied on 26/05/2020 16:35

Posted on 26/05/2020 16:35

Hi Tinwheeler, thanks for your reply. Your comments are welcome and noted. Wishing you happy travels for the future.

Dave Nicholson replied on 26/05/2020 17:06

Posted on 26/05/2020 17:06

Hello WR

We’ve  had two Adria Twins, one after the other. They are well made and we never had any problems with either of them, touring over 30,000 miles in each of them.

They have a large payload compared to larger motorhomes and the fixed double bed was extremely comfortable. We only changed to a larger motorhome when we sold our caravan in the UK. They’re easy to drive and you can fit them into most conventional parking spaces. Highly  recommended.

Wild Roamer replied on 26/05/2020 17:43

Posted on 26/05/2020 17:43

Hi Dave, Thanks for the input. The Adria Twin and Globecar Campscout are on our Hitlist. We want a vehicle in which we can sleep comfortably but will allow us to access town centres and isolated rural spots without too much difficulty.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook