New member from Shropshire

SkyLark38 replied on 17/05/2021 10:12

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:12

Hello everyone, I am Nigel and my wife is Carole. We have been members of CAMC since 2019 but are about to take possession of a brand new Swift Major 4.  Our pick up day is June 8th and we are very excited.  We are new to touring but not to cravanning as we have a Static Home not far from where we live. We used to live in London and bought the Static in 2018 up here in Shropshire.  We fell in love with Shropshire so have moved here permanently.  Buying the Swift will give us the opportunity to explore our lovely Isalnd more readily as we have two dogs and a Parrot in the family!  I owned a Winnebago Chieftan for a couple of years when I lived in the USA so have some experience of life on the road, but looking forward to many adventures here in the UK. We have already booked 4 trips for this year with the last one in November. I have just completed a very good Towing and Manouvering Course run by CAMC and two great instructors (Vaughan and Ian, thanks guys) and looking forward to hitching up with our own unit for the first time on June 8th.   I am a great believer in Life Long Learning and would never assume I knew everything, so looking forward to any tips, advice, or whatever come my way through this community. Thanks for letting us both be part of it. 

ABM replied on 18/05/2021 22:39

Posted on 18/05/2021 22:39

Welcome to the CAMC Fun factory wink ask away all those questions that need answers surprised.

The only thing I'd insist that you do is :-- just inside the 'vans door keep a nice big box with your Sense of Humour enclosed  -- Vital if you use CT I can assure you  

Grumpy yell

BrianJosie replied on 23/05/2021 20:22

Posted on 23/05/2021 20:22

Hi there Nigel & Carole and a warm welcome to CT & the CAMC .

Enjoy your new caravan ,we also have a Swift and we love it.

Brian & Jo

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook