Phil And Michelle replied on 18/08/2020 22:03

Posted on 18/08/2020 22:03

Hi Everyone, just joined after looking at the club for a while now, bought our first ever campervan a couple of months ago, only a small one but suits us for now, we especially joined to use the site in Southport as we love it there, but will use many others too.

guessing we will be a small campervan compared to some of the bigger ones on sites, but we'll fit in nicely alongside.

phil.

Tinwheeler replied on 18/08/2020 22:44

Posted on 18/08/2020 22:44

Welcome, Phil.

Small is beautiful where MHs are concerned😤

I see you’re another victim of the system allocating a silly user name. May I suggest you visit your profile and rename yourself to something you like.

ScreenName17432A8C8F replied on 09/09/2020 20:23

Posted on 09/09/2020 20:23

Hi, 

I'm also new on here. We haven't been any where yet but rearing to go. Any suggestions for dog friendly sites greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Sarah

Tinwheeler replied on 09/09/2020 20:47

Posted on 09/09/2020 20:47

Hello.

All club owned/operated sites are dog friendly. Some CLs won’t accept dogs - often because they’re farms with livestock. I think the affiliated sites take dogs but the webpage for each site will tell you if they don’t.

Here's a link to the club's dogs on sites leaflet and an extract from the site rules for info. It may help you avoid the wrath of a few non-doggy people 🙂🙄

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/content/uk-holidays/Visiting-Club-sites-with-dogs

11. Dogs and other pets

a. You are responsible for your pet’s behaviour. You must make sure your pet is under control at all times; dogs must be kept on a secure lead no more than 2 metres long. Please exercise your dog in the dog walk/areas, where provided.

b. We know accidents can’t always be avoided, but in the event of fouling on your pitch please clean up quickly and use the dog bins provided. Please also follow this practice elsewhere on the site and when using the dog walks/areas.

c. Unless you have an assistance dog (guide or hearing), dogs aren’t allowed in the toilet blocks, laundry rooms, dishwashing areas or swimming pools.

nelliethehooker replied on 09/09/2020 20:55

Posted on 09/09/2020 20:55

Hi Sarah, if you could give some indication of the areas you wish to visit then there are plenty of members on here that will be able to give you suggestions. Are you only interested in club sites or both them and CL's  (If you know what they are)?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook