Morning All - back into caravanning again..

National 2188 replied on 29/06/2020 11:44

Posted on 29/06/2020 11:44

Good morning.

Just thought I’d say “Hi”.

We've caravanned before and decided to get back into UK touring now that the kids have all grown up.

We bought and collected the caravan on the 21st March - thankfully I got it into storage just before they shut an hour later! Over the last few weeks I’ve been preparing the van/doing minor repairs ahead of our first trip....on the 4th July.

We will use CLs initially. I’ve booked time in Suffolk and then Norfolk for our first week, so let’s see how it all goes. We also have a week booked in August, when we will be closer to home (Yorkshire).

I bought a new car in 2019 (with towing in mind). It towed well when I collected the van and delivered it to storage. Let’s see how we get on during regular towing.....

Stay safe, one and all.

phil 

BrianJosie replied on 29/06/2020 12:45

Posted on 29/06/2020 12:45

Hi Phil and welcome back,we have also gone back to caravanning after about 20yrs with motorhomes. We picked our 2018 Swift Conquerer up on Friday so now looking forward to going away again. Hope all goes well with your travels Phil .

Brian & Jo

no one replied on 29/06/2020 13:13

Posted on 29/06/2020 13:13

Hi Phil,

I hope your renewed experience is just as good or better than you remember! We bought our first MH (Moly) about a year ago and now wonder why we didn't get one before that. She might be an old girl but we are very happy and proud to have her, having already made some great memories.

TonyBurton replied on 30/06/2020 18:55

Posted on 30/06/2020 18:55

I hope you enjoy Suffolk. You must take a look at the clock on Southwold Pier. Life doesn't get much more exciting down here than on Southwold Pier. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook