Just bought my 1st caravan

jimbzx9 replied on 10/03/2020 13:25

Posted on 10/03/2020 13:25

Hi newby here. Just bought my 1st caravan. Travelling down to Somerset Sunday to collect. Big problem already no where around Southampton have any storage space DOH ! I never for a moment thought that everyone would be full up. Anyway I have come over from camping and bought a Bailey Pageant Champagne for me and whatever grandchildren want to go with me. Be kind  and any advice is welcome. Jim

Bakers2 replied on 10/03/2020 13:53

Posted on 10/03/2020 13:53

Hello and welcome. Enjoy, have your 1st trip asap and local. To check everything works, video handover if you can - lots to take in 😀, stay local so you can get anything vital you've forgotten 😂😂. Make lists too! Pack your sense of humour

Ask away on here lots of knowledge and experience, theres no such thing as a silly question - that's the one you don't ask! Folks are good on here and on sites.

Do buy too much until you have a few trips, we all have shelves,  sheds, garages full of that!

Can't assist with storage 🤔

cyberyacht replied on 10/03/2020 14:50

Posted on 10/03/2020 14:50

Similar problem when people buy at the Southampton Boat Show and don't have a mooring lined up. Which part of Southampton are you in and how big a radius from home have you tried?  Welcome to CT anyway.

Hakinbush replied on 10/03/2020 14:56

Posted on 10/03/2020 14:56

Hiya Jim, don't know what part of Southampton your from but if its a bit of an emergency the old forestry site Setthorns used to have some  no thrills pitches, and sometimes even the odd storage pitch here and there, its run by the ccc, now so not sure but its worth a punt..

moulesy replied on 10/03/2020 15:00

Posted on 10/03/2020 15:00

Welcome to caravanning, Jim - you've made a good start by joining the forum - plenty of "expertise" on here, including how to rectify all the mistakes we've made over the years! wink 

We're at the opposite end of the adventures to you, having sold our last caravan at the back end of last year.

Thinking about storage,  just wondering if any of the CLs in the area (plenty around the New Forest) would allow you to store it temporarily until you get something sorted. It would also be a good opportunity for some first trips out fairly local to home. Just a thought. Hope you find something to suit.

RedKite replied on 10/03/2020 17:17

Posted on 10/03/2020 17:17

Hi you could try Green Pastures CL 5 Van site Pitmore Lane, Lymington it also has Storage facilities so could be worth an enquiry

01950 682481.  We used to store our caravan a few years ago.

Welcome to the Club.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook