Introduction

punto338 replied on 01/01/2017 16:38

Posted on 01/01/2017 16:38

Hello Everyone,

Although we have been caravanning on and off since 1984 - we had a break for 8 years while I worked abroad - and belonged to the CC for the last 2 years, this is the first time that I have used the Club Together so I thought we ought to introduce ourselves.  We (Bob & Mary) have been retired for just over 2.5 years now.  We live in Wiltshire and tow a 2006 'left-hand drive' Fendt (long story) with a 14 reg Santa Fe.  This is our 5th caravan and we have changed each one according to family needs. As it is just the 2 of us now, the fixed bed Fendt is ideal for us - I was working in Germany when we bought it.  We have travelled extensively in Europe, stored in France while abroad and camped a little in UK. We are looking forward to slightly more extended trips now I have retired.

ValDa replied on 04/01/2017 18:22

Posted on 04/01/2017 18:22

This post has somehow not been replied to - largely because it brought up a 'page error' message, which prevented it being displayed.  The only way I could get to it was by clicking on the date of the last post added.  So it isn't that we aren't a friendly lot or want to welcome you, just that no-one could see your post unless, like me, they investigated further to see why no one has replied.  Edited in once checked that post could now be seen:  However, my adding this post seems to have corrected the problem!

Hopefully now that it can be seen again, people will start to reply and Welcome you on board.

Best wishes - and Welcome!

huskydog replied on 04/01/2017 19:01

Posted on 04/01/2017 19:01

Welcome to CT , don't let the lateness of welcome replies put you off , the website is going through an update and sometimes it's not working as it should smile 

N1805 replied on 04/01/2017 20:10

Posted on 04/01/2017 20:10

punto338 - Hope you enjoy CT there’s lots of things here but as huskydog says CC site is going through a revamp. Great you enjoy your caravan more now you'r retired.

N1805 replied on 04/01/2017 20:15

Posted on 04/01/2017 18:22 by ValDa

This post has somehow not been replied to - largely because it brought up a 'page error' message, which prevented it being displayed.  The only way I could get to it was by clicking on the date of the last post added.  So it isn't that we aren't a friendly lot or want to welcome you, just that no-one could see your post unless, like me, they investigated further to see why no one has replied.  Edited in once checked that post could now be seen:  However, my adding this post seems to have corrected the problem!

Hopefully now that it can be seen again, people will start to reply and Welcome you on board.

Best wishes - and Welcome!

Posted on 04/01/2017 20:15

ValDa - always thought you were from Yorkshire.

ABM replied on 05/01/2017 15:46

Posted on 05/01/2017 15:46

Hello  Bob  &  Mary,  Welcome  &  Best Wishes  !!

Its  not  just  the revamp  of  the  Website  that's  slowed  down  our  welcome,  but lots  of  us  have  been  cuddling  up close  &  personal  to  Paracetamol,  Lemsip  etc  etc.  Hope  you  managed  to  circumnavigate  the  Holidays  without  joining  us  in  that  department   !

Brian  A B M

ABM replied on 05/01/2017 15:46

Posted on 05/01/2017 15:46

Hello  Bob  &  Mary,  Welcome  &  Best Wishes  !!

Its  not  just  the revamp  of  the  Website  that's  slowed  down  our  welcome,  but lots  of  us  have  been  cuddling  up close  &  personal  to  Paracetamol,  Lemsip  etc  etc.  Hope  you  managed  to  circumnavigate  the  Holidays  without  joining  us  in  that  department   !

Brian  A B M

punto338 replied on 05/01/2017 18:33

Posted on 05/01/2017 18:33

Thank you very much for the welcome.  I thought that it might have been the 'left hand drive' Fendt that put you off smile 

We are not great social mediaites I am afraid - like so many, I was 40 before I had my first computer (Amstrad 1640!).  

We have survived the winter so far and just starting to look at the next trip - roughly Stockholm, up a little bit, then right into Finland, Helsinki (side trip to St Petersburg), through the Baltic States and Poland, through Germany and Austria and ending up in Sicily around middle October.  Sweden, Finland and the Baltic States are breaking new ground.  Grateful for any suggestions although I realise this is under the wrong topic.

Many thanks,

Bob

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook