Hi there from a Norfolk newbie!

RichTd5 replied on 19/02/2017 19:33

Posted on 19/02/2017 19:33

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm new to caravaning but a quick learner and I reckon I'm reasonably practical. Loads of experience with 44 tonne HGV's so I'm hoping towing and reversing will be manageable - and so far, both have been pretty much as expected. (Although the van reacts a bit quicker than a 13.5 meter curtainsider.

The idea is to take extended (three month) trips through Europe, so any help and advice will be very gratefully received.

Looking forward to chatting and learning!

DSB replied on 19/02/2017 20:05

Posted on 19/02/2017 20:05

Great to hear from you Rich. Welcome to the Caravan Club and to Club Together. 

When are you hoping to go to Europe?  It rather depends on when you go as to the advice you get.  I would suggest posting more specific questions in the Overseas section.

Do keep us up to date on how you are doing with the caravan and welcome, once more!

David 

N1805 replied on 20/02/2017 21:55

Posted on 20/02/2017 21:55

I’m sure you‘ll find lots on various discussions & maybe also in the Your Stories section.   Some regular posters have their own websites which may be of interest.  You will probably come across these.   CC can have some good ferry offers dependant on port & time of crossing so worth checking against ferry provider’s online quote.   Enjoy your research & your caravanning trip.

ABM replied on 20/02/2017 22:54

Posted on 20/02/2017 22:54

Welcome  to  the  Club  &  to  CT  as  well  !!

Lots  of  H G V's  hurtling  along  A14  so  there  should

be  loads  of  folks  around  to  help  you  should  you

forget  anything  innocent  !!

Seriously,  browse  thro  the  Overseas  section  as  D S B 

says    and  you'll  find  answers  to  questions  you  didnt

know  existed 

Brian

P.S.  what  ever  you  do  do,  dont  forget  to  take  your

Sense Of  Humour  !!

Bakers2 replied on 21/02/2017 09:30

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:30

Hello and welcome. I'm sure you'll really enjoy your new hobby. Yes there are questions and answers on subjects you wouldn't have thought off. Toilets chemicals flushes toilet paper living without electric hookup cable alias orange cord or EHU. If in any doubt ask, you'll get lots of different answers same as most of life, no one size fits all 😃. And as ABM says bring your sense of humour almost as important as your caravan 😂😂.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 01/03/2017 16:09

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:09

Hello and welcome to the Club and Club Together. A 3 month trip to Europe sounds fantastic.

You might find the Useful information in the overseas section of our website helpful. Also if you have any specific questions regarding your trip please feel free to ask these in the overseas sites & touring area of discussions as we have many members who have holidayed and toured in Europe and are more than happy to share their advice, knowledge and experience. 

Have a wonderful time and let us know how you get on. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook