Hi from Palatinate/Germany

whschreiber replied on 11/02/2017 10:42

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:42

A mighty Hello to everbody,

I will retire in July and will be hitting the UK in late July with my used caravan. Planning to stay there until, well as long as I can resist the temperature --the plan is until the late Spring of 2018.

At first I will hold a workshop or two at U of Exeter and then hit North, starting in Scotland. Those are the plans till now.

Specific questions --especially gas supply-- I will post at the specific discussion slot after having searched some more.

I am the travelling R-Instructor, have my recurve bow and some arrows always with me (3D hunting) and love to play my ukulele although I am not good at it, but have a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to my long term touring experience.

cyberyacht replied on 11/02/2017 11:13

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:13

Well, with a bow and arrows, you'll have to visit Sherwood Forest. wink

Welcome, or should I say, Wilkommen to CT.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 11/02/2017 11:30

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:30

Welcome to CT Herr Schreiber, I hope your visit to the UK is enjoyable. I'll look out for your postssmile

N1805 replied on 11/02/2017 12:26

Posted on 11/02/2017 12:26

Hope you have a great time in the UK. As you have probably already seen CC has a site @ Exeter Racecourse which unfortunately is some distance from the city. You may fine somewhere closer unless they are allowing you to stay on campus.  Enjoy your planning.

MJ730 replied on 11/02/2017 14:55

Posted on 11/02/2017 10:42 by whschreiber

A mighty Hello to everbody,

I will retire in July and will be hitting the UK in late July with my used caravan. Planning to stay there until, well as long as I can resist the temperature --the plan is until the late Spring of 2018.

At first I will hold a workshop or two at U of Exeter and then hit North, starting in Scotland. Those are the plans till now.

Specific questions --especially gas supply-- I will post at the specific discussion slot after having searched some more.

I am the travelling R-Instructor, have my recurve bow and some arrows always with me (3D hunting) and love to play my ukulele although I am not good at it, but have a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to my long term touring experience.

Posted on 11/02/2017 14:55

Hi and welcome.

Should you be travelling anywhere near the Dover/Folkestone area I may be able to offer a Calor cylinder on long term loan either butane or propane.

Mike

ABM replied on 11/02/2017 15:43

Posted on 11/02/2017 11:13 by cyberyacht

Well, with a bow and arrows, you'll have to visit Sherwood Forest. wink

Welcome, or should I say, Wilkommen to CT.

Posted on 11/02/2017 15:43

And  with  your  ukulele  you  must  not  miss  out  on

Lancashire  A K A George  Formby  Land wink !!

DSB replied on 11/02/2017 19:14

Posted on 11/02/2017 19:14

Hi whschreiber.  Welcome to Club Together.  Great to hear from you.  Hope you enjoy your visit to the UK.  One small thing.  If you haven't been to the UK before, it may be worth pointing out that it is far more common to book pitches ahead of arrival on sit an many sites get booked up quickly, even out of the main season.  I'm sure you will have a good time.  Keep us posted on how you get on.

David 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 08/03/2017 12:01

Posted on 08/03/2017 12:01

Belated welcome from me to Club Together and the Caravan and Motorhome Club. Look forward to hearing about your adventures and hopefully hearing the sounds of the ukulele on a Club Site soon! smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook