Helloooo from Staffs

jhosk1981 replied on 06/08/2018 16:44

Posted on 06/08/2018 16:44

Hi everyone, just purchased our first caravan, looking forward to learning more about everything and any hints/tips you guys may have.

Me, the missus and the sausage dog coming to a caravan park near you!

Just need to find somewhere to store it now whilst I plan the maiden voyage!

James.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/08/2018 21:01

Posted on 06/08/2018 21:01

Welcome to the club, jh, happy caravanning. Anything specific you want to know all you have to do is ask on here and I'm sure there are plenty of members ready with good words of advice.

PaulandKate replied on 06/08/2018 21:13

Posted on 06/08/2018 16:44 by jhosk1981

Hi everyone, just purchased our first caravan, looking forward to learning more about everything and any hints/tips you guys may have.

Me, the missus and the sausage dog coming to a caravan park near you!

Just need to find somewhere to store it now whilst I plan the maiden voyage!

James.

Posted on 06/08/2018 21:13

Where in Staffs are you 

Bakers2 replied on 06/08/2018 21:31

Posted on 06/08/2018 21:31

Hello and welcome to CT and our great hobby.

Plenty of good advice on here, just ask - the search function is useless 😤. You'll often get more than one suggestion, proving there's not one single way to our hobby! If you're on site don't be afraid to ask - folks are generally happy to help but don't want to be intrusive.

Try out somewhere local! You can pop back for anything forgotten. Keep your hands in your pockets until you know what you need. We are have 'esstentials' stored in our spare rooms, sheds and garages 😂

DSB replied on 06/08/2018 22:23

Posted on 06/08/2018 22:23

Hi jhosk1981.  Welcome to Club Together.  All the best with your new caravan.  I live In N.Warks and we store our caravan in a very secure location in Tamworth.  If this is any use to you, do let me know and I can arrange to get details to you 

David

C Williams replied on 07/08/2018 12:24

Posted on 07/08/2018 12:24

Welcome jhosk. Best bit of advice we got from two fellow caravanners as they helped us put up our first awning, "every trip is an adventure". And they weren't wrong. Every trip is different, expect the unexpected and embrace the challenges. 

We have just finished a week away with two days on a delightful CL, a field surrounded by other fields, some horses, nanny goats and lots of birds. SO relaxing. And for the cost of a few posh coffees.

What a hobby. Enjoy!

jhosk1981 replied on 07/08/2018 12:38

Posted on 07/08/2018 12:38

Thank you all for your messages, I'll try to answer you all in one go:

I live in Norton Canes (Near Cannock) there is a lovely storage place by me but at present there is no room at the Inn :( I'm hoping a friendly family member may come to my rescue whilst I wait for an opening.

I would be interested in some details for the place in Tamworth as that's not too far at all either.

I'm going to start searching for a nice local spot first up as recommended. We have no kids, so somewhere quiet would be good with some nice walks nearby for the Sausage :)

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

J.

Extugger replied on 07/08/2018 17:04

Posted on 07/08/2018 17:04

Welcome from me too James

Here's to many happy hours enjoying your new leisure pastime and if we meet on a site somewhere, don't forget to say 'Hi'

Here's our sausage laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 07/08/2018 20:55

Posted on 07/08/2018 12:38 by jhosk1981

Thank you all for your messages, I'll try to answer you all in one go:

I live in Norton Canes (Near Cannock) there is a lovely storage place by me but at present there is no room at the Inn :( I'm hoping a friendly family member may come to my rescue whilst I wait for an opening.

I would be interested in some details for the place in Tamworth as that's not too far at all either.

I'm going to start searching for a nice local spot first up as recommended. We have no kids, so somewhere quiet would be good with some nice walks nearby for the Sausage :)

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

J.

Posted on 07/08/2018 20:55

What about the clubs Blackshaw Moor site near Leek as a start. There are also a few CLs in that area that have been recommended by members of this forum eg Goatfell Fm and Lower Moorend View. There should be plenty of walking around there.

nelliethehooker replied on 07/08/2018 20:57

Posted on 07/08/2018 17:04 by Extugger

Welcome from me too James

Here's to many happy hours enjoying your new leisure pastime and if we meet on a site somewhere, don't forget to say 'Hi'

Here's our sausage laughing

Posted on 07/08/2018 20:57

Love the picture Jon. Friends of ours in Sweden had a pair similar to yours.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook