Hello

Kaya 64 replied on 07/03/2017 18:07

Posted on 07/03/2017 18:07

Hi, Will be joining later on in the year when we upgrade our caravan - we've been members in the past and i mean the past we're talking 15 years ago / 

The only problem we have is we have got two cats and nobody is able to look after them when we go away - can we take them with us ?

thanks 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 08/03/2017 11:33

Posted on 08/03/2017 11:33

Hi Kaya 64 and welcome to Club Together. smile

We do have members with caravanning cats and pets are welcome on Club Sites. If you are staying at a CL Site you can always check with the owners before you book as they will be able to advice.

It might also be worth posting in the Your Pets section of the community to see if anyone can share their experiences of caravanning with cats. 

I look forward to hearing about your caravanning holidays on our community and please feel free to ask any questions in discussions. Happy 'vanning! 

HelenandTrevor replied on 08/03/2017 17:34

Posted on 08/03/2017 17:34

Hi and welcome Kaya,  good luck with your new van, hope all goes well. I have seen cats onsite, along with  various other pets,  including tortoises and a parrot.

DSB replied on 09/03/2017 12:19

Posted on 09/03/2017 12:19

Hi Kaya.  Welcome to Club Together and look forward to reading your posts.  Do keep us up to date with how you are getting on.  Your cat's are welcome on Club sites, but as with dogs, you will need to keep them on a lead when out and about on site.

David 

bandgirl replied on 10/03/2017 21:36

Posted on 10/03/2017 21:36

Hi Kaya, I found myself in the position of having no one to look after my cat when I adopted him from my Mum when she died.  Sadly my dear old cat also died recently, however I found a service that cares for animals in their own homes.  Obviously there is a cost, but it's much less stressful than transporting the cats to a boarding cattery, and probably cheaper if you have more than one, plus safer than taking the cats on holiday with you.  Do an online search to see if there's anything similar in your area.  Alternatively, if you look on the RSPCA web sites there's a link to a home sitting service where you can register for a small monthly fee and people will stay in your home and care for your pets for no charge.  This may, or may not, appeal to you.  I haven't tried it myself.  I'd be interested to hear your solution.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook