Hello! On honeymoon, from the Northern Isles!

FiFi Driver replied on 29/06/2018 19:40

Posted on 29/06/2018 19:40

Hi there, 

We live in Orkney (Trevor is from Shetland), are relatively new to caravanning (done just 18 days so far) and have just joined the Club.

For our wedding we asked for donations instead of presents, and we are setting off in our caravan around the UK for a couple of months until the money runs out! It was suggested we joined up so that we had more scope for booking at short notice in the holidays... and hopefully it will work out a little cheaper too. 

We have so far booked the first three sites, they look lovely, and getting quite excited about setting off in two weeks! 

We are hoping to cover Scotland, England and Wales. 

Cheers, 

Fiona and Trevor

Tinwheeler replied on 29/06/2018 19:45

Posted on 29/06/2018 19:45

Welcome to CT and the club, Fiona and Trevor.

Ask away if you need any info.

Last year we toured Orkney and Shetland - beautiful islands. This year we 'did' the Western Isles and only returned home yesterday.

ABM replied on 29/06/2018 19:51

Posted on 29/06/2018 19:51

Scotland,  England  &  Wales,   hmmmmm   undecided,  hope  your  marriage  holds  up  Fiona & Trevor,  'cos  you've  got  a  couple  of  decades  worth  exploring  there.  And  thats  without  heading  to  your  near  neighbours  over  Norway,  Denmark  etc  laughingcool

Seriously  though,  Might  I  wish  you  all  the  very  best  for  both  your  choices  { Him/Her  AND  The  'VAN }

brue replied on 29/06/2018 20:02

Posted on 29/06/2018 20:02

Welcome both of you, nice to hear from someone on Orkney, hope you both have a lovely time on your travels, what a nice idea for a present. We've got friends on Burray and we're very fond of Orkney. Let us know how you get on. smile

Extugger replied on 30/06/2018 07:30

Posted on 30/06/2018 07:30

Welcome & Congratulations to you both!

I wish you health & happiness, safe & wonderful travels and memories which will last a lifetime 🥂🥂

C Williams replied on 30/06/2018 11:11

Posted on 30/06/2018 11:11

Welcome to the Club. Hope your caravanning is smooth. You do know awnings are called "divorce in a bag", don't you?surprisedsealed 

But seriously, congratulations - what a lovely honeymoon. Enjoy the wonderful adventure you are about to have.

DSB replied on 01/07/2018 20:50

Posted on 01/07/2018 20:50

What a fantastic idea Fiona and Trevor.  I couldnt quite work out whether you had 'tied the knot' yet - I might be premature in offering my congratuations to you - but my good wishes to you both.  As a colleague of mine used to say to folk who were getting married.... 'I hope you will be as happy as I thought I was going to be....😀😀😀😀.  Seriously, congratulations to you both.

We are out in our caravan at the opposite end of the country - Cornwall.

Do keep us up to date on how you are getting on, and feel free to ask any questions in the appropriate section.

All the best

David

FiFi Driver replied on 02/07/2018 08:44

Posted on 30/06/2018 11:11 by C Williams

Welcome to the Club. Hope your caravanning is smooth. You do know awnings are called "divorce in a bag", don't you?surprisedsealed 

But seriously, congratulations - what a lovely honeymoon. Enjoy the wonderful adventure you are about to have.

Posted on 02/07/2018 08:44

I'm so glad we've decided not to bother with the awning!!! Haha, seriously most of the time we'll be out exploring so we've put the hiking gear in the awning cupboard.....

FiFi Driver replied on 02/07/2018 08:47

Posted on 01/07/2018 20:50 by DSB

What a fantastic idea Fiona and Trevor.  I couldnt quite work out whether you had 'tied the knot' yet - I might be premature in offering my congratuations to you - but my good wishes to you both.  As a colleague of mine used to say to folk who were getting married.... 'I hope you will be as happy as I thought I was going to be....😀😀😀😀.  Seriously, congratulations to you both.

We are out in our caravan at the opposite end of the country - Cornwall.

Do keep us up to date on how you are getting on, and feel free to ask any questions in the appropriate section.

All the best

David

Posted on 02/07/2018 08:47

Hi, thank you, the wedding was last July (22 years to the day since the day we met!) but I wanted to wait until I'd finished my music degree before we went on our big trip so I could relax properly.

We are really wanting to visit Cornwall but perhaps not in the School Holidays.... I think we'll come down at a quieter time! 

Can't wait to set off now, it's very exciting....

Cheers

Fiona 

DSB replied on 04/07/2018 11:26

Posted on 02/07/2018 08:47 by FiFi Driver

Hi, thank you, the wedding was last July (22 years to the day since the day we met!) but I wanted to wait until I'd finished my music degree before we went on our big trip so I could relax properly.

We are really wanting to visit Cornwall but perhaps not in the School Holidays.... I think we'll come down at a quieter time! 

Can't wait to set off now, it's very exciting....

Cheers

Fiona 

Posted on 04/07/2018 11:26

From one musician to another......  👍👍👍👍👍...... except it's been more than 40 years since I did mine.... in those days we had to manage without Sibelius and sequencing software, and we hadn't heard of MIDI etc.. 😀  I learnt all that as I went on... 😉

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook