Hello! New member and new to caravans!

Lulika60 replied on 18/07/2020 12:26

Posted on 18/07/2020 12:26

Hi everyone, 

My husband and I are newly retired and excited to be starting our dream of owning a caravan. We've never owned a van before but have had lots of caravan holidays. I apologise if I ask a zillion questions,  but obviously,  you are the people to ask!😉 We have looked at afew vans and have taken a fancy to the Adria Altea Aire, 2020 model, it being perfect for our needs and we love the bathroom. 

Does anyone have any experience with this particular van? Is it a good first timers buy?

Thanks in advance for your replies 😊

JillwithaJay replied on 18/07/2020 12:40

Posted on 18/07/2020 12:40

Hi Luilika and welcome to the club and CT.

I can't help you regarding the particular van you mention but I presume you've looked at many and decided on your preferred layout.

You say you've had lots of caravan holidays but not whether you've towed before or hired statics.  If you haven't towed, I'd fully recommend the club's towing course.

If you need help with anything, just look through the index and pop your comments where appropriate.  Feel free to start a new thread if you need to.

Happy caravanning in retirement.

Lulika60 replied on 18/07/2020 12:44

Posted on 18/07/2020 12:44

Thank you very much for the welcome!😊

I will definitely look into the towing course and look forward to benefitting from other members experience 😊

ABM replied on 18/07/2020 17:26

Posted on 18/07/2020 17:26

Welcome to the Club & CT from a member of "The DARK SIDE " ( A motor caravaner to you cool ).

Browse thro' these pages & you will get lots of answers 'cos there is nothing new in caravanning life that has not already been asked ! The only problem is finding the answers  undecided.  So find the relevant threads if you can and ask away. Just remember tho'  --  Questions etc are only silly if you already know the answers  smilewink

nelliethehooker replied on 19/07/2020 20:02

Posted on 19/07/2020 20:02

The van seems to be very nice. The first thing to consider though is do you have a suitable car for towing the van. There is a matching programme in the Advice and Training section on the Home page which I'd advise you to read before going ahead with you purchase. Lots of other good advice there too. 

It will be good to hear how you get on. All the best.

Edit.

I see that Marquis Caravans who sell Adria have a free phone pairing caravan/car service on 0800 026 7777 if this is of any help.

JayOutdoors replied on 20/07/2020 09:08

Posted on 20/07/2020 09:08

Luilika.  In case you don’t find anyone on here that has this model you may find there is an Adria Members Club which could have someone who has this specific 2020 model.  Most makes/brands have owner’s clubs.

Just an idea - whatever you choose possibly try and buy from a dealer within reasonable towing distance to your home or where you will store it to enable any issues/services/warranty work etc to be dealt easily.  

Enjoy your retirement and your caravan.  Good Luck.

BrianJosie replied on 26/07/2020 09:01

Posted on 26/07/2020 09:01

Hi there Lulika60 and welcome to the club and CT.We are just newly back to caravanning after having many years motorhoming.Enjoy your hunt for your Caravan.

regards Brian & Jo

commeyras replied on 26/07/2020 10:50

Posted on 26/07/2020 10:50

Welcome  to caravanning Lulika60.  When we retired we found that we used our caravan much more than when working.  We were able to take long breaks in the shoulder season and became great fans of long breaks in the shoulder seasons spending 4 - 6 weeks touring the continent clutching our ACSI books and site guides.  Going overseas we rarely book as it is not necessary and gives you the flexibility to go where you want.  You will of course check that your licence allows you to tow and become very knowledgeable about weights, loading and reversinglaughing.  Get a mover fitted, decide whether full awning or sun canopy, get a couple of comfy chairs with foot rests, relax and have fun!cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook