Hello from Derek, Bonnie & Scout

Lancashire Witch replied on 15/03/2018 15:22

Posted on 15/03/2018 15:22

Hi everyone, we are brand new to caravanning but have been keen campers for a long time. We finally have a handover date for our first caravan of 3 May 2018. So we are excited and a little fretful about getting the technical stuff right.

We plan to spend the first year of our retirement travelling with our dog, Scout, around the UK in our caravan.

We will be following discussions to pick up tips and see what adventures other members are having.

Bye for now.

Extugger replied on 15/03/2018 15:31

Posted on 15/03/2018 15:31

Welcome Derek, Bonnie & Scout.

Guessing you're somewhere near t'Pendle Hill? Anyway, from one Lancastrian to another (yes, I moved!) enjoy your travels and if you need any help on anything, there's a wealth of experience on here and only too happy to help. laughing

JillwithaJay replied on 15/03/2018 15:39

Posted on 15/03/2018 15:39

Hi and welcome from me too and I also think you might be near to me - East Lancashire.

Feel free to ask any questions.  We'll all do our best to offer help and advice.   Remember that no question is a silly question if you don't know the answer.

ChrisRogers replied on 15/03/2018 16:23

Posted on 15/03/2018 16:23

The most important technical thing, have you got the right size caravan seating for the dog?

Just get out and enjoy retirement, we do.

DSB replied on 15/03/2018 17:32

Posted on 15/03/2018 17:32

A quick note of welcome from me too.  All the best when you pick up the caravan in May - do let us know how you get on with it all.

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook