Hello from Bolton

Slope Soarer replied on 27/08/2017 10:35

Posted on 27/08/2017 10:35

Hello

My wife and I have just bought our first caravan and hope we have done the right thing as it is tiny... a 2012 Lunar Venus 320/2. We looked at several and really felt that it was enough to meet our needs and could easily store it on our drive.

Hopefully we will have our first weekend away starting Friday this coming week: ) Having said that I haven't got a towbar yet nor have we got it at home. I love a challenge!

We bought the caravan privately and need to buy a few bits, the biggest outlay will be for an awning. Is there much benefit in inflatable over poles? I need to find out what size will fit as well so I think a trip to the local caravan dealer is on the cards today.

What is the best way to clean a caravan? I guess jet washing is to be avoided!?

I'm sure I'll have loads of questions and be a frequent user of the forum.

Simon

Natasha2 replied on 01/09/2017 12:47

Posted on 01/09/2017 12:47

Welcome Simon

Have a check on eBay for awnings, we got an immaculate second hand Kampa rally 240 at a bargain price.

its a pole awning and very easy and quick to erect plus lightweight which the air ones aren't. 

Tinwheeler replied on 01/09/2017 13:11

Posted on 01/09/2017 13:11

Hi, Simon. There's a lot to be said for having a small van - enjoy it.

Pressure washing can remove logos and, far more importantly, can blow the sealant out of joints. It is to be avoided.

DSB replied on 01/09/2017 16:53

Posted on 01/09/2017 16:53

Hi Simon.  Just a quick post to say welcome to Club Together and to wish you all the very best for your new venture.  Do let us know how you get on.

David 

Slope Soarer replied on 03/09/2017 20:10

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:10

Thanks for the comments and advice.

We had a great weekend with friends on Anglesey where we stopped at the Penrhos site at Brynteg which was great.

I'm still coming to terms with the effect of a caravan on my car but am quickly getting used to being in a higher gear: )

The caravan is small but we are quite organised and we found it to be very comfortable and easy to live with. I'm sure an awning will only make it that much better for us.

Thanks again.

Simon

G Cherokee replied on 03/09/2017 21:42

Posted on 03/09/2017 21:42

Hi Simon

Welcome to the fraternity.

Air awnings all the way for us, so quick and easy, before you buy one go and see some set up, maybe at a showroom or just wander around a site and ask the owner some questions. That way you'll get the size that suits you best.

Merve replied on 05/09/2017 10:19

Posted on 05/09/2017 10:19

Welcome Simon. I hope all your caravan worries are little ones. Your trip to Anglesey will have given you the taste for more- great isn't it! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook