Hello from a newby

MikeVinny replied on 05/11/2020 21:18

Posted on 05/11/2020 21:18

Hi Everyone,

recently purchased our first Motorhome 23rd September. 11 plate Autocruise. No experience of caravans or motorhomes. 

The combined effect of rain and COVID has resulted in no further activity since reversing it onto the drive and giving the interior a thorough clean.undecided

Hoping to meet up at some local Shropshire events when things open up. Ludlow is close so planning a visit for a shake down to see how things work.  Suppose I could read the manual?laughing

Have purchase a Kampa drive away awning, hope it was the right thing to do?

Looking forward to making new friends and socials

ABM replied on 05/11/2020 21:46

Posted on 05/11/2020 21:46

Welcome MikeVinny,  You really do know how to pick the hard times don't you  wink

I'd spend a bit of time perusing this & similar forums to check on what things folks in your situation { i.e. starting this mobile life !! } need but more importantly Do NOT need.  Loads of us have a room / shed / garage full of those unused items which we, wrongly, thought essential and which we cannot shift on Ebay or similar 'cos folks just use the ads as a little light relief  surprised

Browse away,  there is no charge for having a giggle or six, honest laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook