Hello everyone - Introduction

JRR1000 replied on 04/04/2019 20:44

Posted on 04/04/2019 20:44

Hi all, thought I would introduce myself as a new Motorhomer after many years in tents and trailer tents. Just getting started into the world of tin tenting and this year will be our first full year. A few weekends away so far to learn the ropes before we hit Europe (if they will let us back in) in the summer. Look forward to meeting some of you on our travels over the coming years as we edge ever closer to retirement, but for now weekends and a summer 3 week break on the cards. Hope I don't ask too many stupid question and some day repay any hints and tips from you all.

Safe travelling everyone and keep a lookout for us (picture attached).

John & Helen

JillwithaJay replied on 05/04/2019 12:35

Posted on 05/04/2019 12:35

Hi to you John and Helen and welcome.  No questions are stupid if you don't know the answers.  We've all had to start somewhere.

Enjoy your new adventures.

Chrystal replied on 05/04/2019 14:24

Posted on 05/04/2019 14:24

Big welcome, enjoy your Motorhome, you do realise going off on adventures can become addictive.

Hubby asks where we are going next, when we are on our way home!🤪

Milothedog replied on 07/04/2019 08:04

Posted on 04/04/2019 20:44 by JRR1000

Hi all, thought I would introduce myself as a new Motorhomer after many years in tents and trailer tents. Just getting started into the world of tin tenting and this year will be our first full year. A few weekends away so far to learn the ropes before we hit Europe (if they will let us back in) in the summer. Look forward to meeting some of you on our travels over the coming years as we edge ever closer to retirement, but for now weekends and a summer 3 week break on the cards. Hope I don't ask too many stupid question and some day repay any hints and tips from you all.

Safe travelling everyone and keep a lookout for us (picture attached).

John & Helen

Posted on 07/04/2019 08:04

Our friends have just bought a similar Lyeso to yours. They head off to France and Spain at the end of the month and don't return until July.

Like you, its all  new to them, hope you have lots of fun with it and make many happy memoriescool

Merve replied on 10/04/2019 10:49

Posted on 10/04/2019 10:49

Enjoy your new Motorhome John and Helen. Quite a change for you from tents and trailer tents I guess.  You’ll love it I’m sure. 

Nanny123 replied on 05/05/2019 10:06

Posted on 05/05/2019 10:06

Hi J&H

It was lovely to read your post as I have today just posted my first discussion.

we too are new to motorhoming following years in a tent and we are not yet retired so we are eager to get as many breaks in as possible.

Its all very exciting and this forum is very comforting.

I hope we bump into you on our travels.

Stay safe and have great fun.

ps have you driven it yet Helen? I want to but very nervous.

Chrystal my hubby just the same. He can't wait for our second trip. We are afraid that we have forgotten everything we learnt from the first trip.

Hopefully practice makes perfect.

Chrystal replied on 06/05/2019 16:57

Posted on 06/05/2019 16:57

Nanny123, We can still forget something , after 20 years of Caravan and Motorhomers. It s all part of the adventures, enjoy 😉.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook