Hello all

Bluemoon73 replied on 02/10/2017 22:23

Posted on 02/10/2017 22:23

The missus and i have just bought a Bessacarr E495, not got a clue what we are doing if i'm honest, hopefully will find lots of hints and tips on these forums, we have 3 children, an 18 year old grump,an 8 year old tantrum queen and a 6 year old football obsessive, we live in a nice little town Called Bury in Greater Manchester and can't wait to get out and about visiting these wonderful camp sites, if you catch me asking silly questions please be gentle as we really are new to all of this :) 

DSB replied on 03/10/2017 01:04

Posted on 03/10/2017 01:04

Hi Bluemoon.  Welcome to Club Together and to the wonderful world of caravanning.  All the very best for your first outing - don't think you have to wait until the Spring - many caravan all year round.  We're off next Monday for a few nights at Blackpool South CAMC site.

There are no silly question, by the way.

All the best.

David

Bluemoon73 replied on 03/10/2017 07:52

Posted on 03/10/2017 02:26 by EmilysDad

Welcome  neigbour cool

Bury is in Lancs wink

Posted on 03/10/2017 07:52

Hehe it is an argument to go along with the Muffin or Barm debate

Bluemoon73 replied on 03/10/2017 07:55

Posted on 03/10/2017 01:04 by DSB

Hi Bluemoon.  Welcome to Club Together and to the wonderful world of caravanning.  All the very best for your first outing - don't think you have to wait until the Spring - many caravan all year round.  We're off next Monday for a few nights at Blackpool South CAMC site.

There are no silly question, by the way.

All the best.

David

Posted on 03/10/2017 07:55

Cheers, well we have a weeks school holidays coming up so no doubt we will be taking our maiden voyage, somewhere local like Blackpool or Southport will probably be ideal while we get used to driving something of that size

Bellsboy replied on 07/10/2017 12:19

Posted on 07/10/2017 12:19

A warm welcome to the Club and CT from me too Bluemoon73. We have recently returned from a week at Burrs Park Club site, a regular on our must visit again list.

Getting to know what to do when first starting out is all part of the fun. Don't be afraid to ask questions on this site or even neighbour and wardens on campsites as we have all had to go through the learning process. When you do set off for a site though, don't leave your sense of humour at home. 

Do let us know how your first trip goes.

Bluemoon73 replied on 08/10/2017 10:30

Posted on 07/10/2017 12:19 by Bellsboy

A warm welcome to the Club and CT from me too Bluemoon73. We have recently returned from a week at Burrs Park Club site, a regular on our must visit again list.

Getting to know what to do when first starting out is all part of the fun. Don't be afraid to ask questions on this site or even neighbour and wardens on campsites as we have all had to go through the learning process. When you do set off for a site though, don't leave your sense of humour at home. 

Do let us know how your first trip goes.

Posted on 08/10/2017 10:30

Cheers mate, off to Blackpool on our maiden voyage this weekend, going to take the kids to see the lights, hope you enjoyed some Black pudding whilst you was here, i only live a couple of minutes from Burrs woods, lots of childhood memories in that area.

ABM replied on 08/10/2017 15:42

Posted on 08/10/2017 15:42

Local  sites  are  always  ideal  for  trying  out new  toys,  'cos  you  will  be  able  to  nip  home  for  the  tin  or  bottle  opener  wink  especially  to  drown  your  miseries  when  sport  results  don't  go  your  way

And a  slightly  belated  Welcome  to  the  Fun House  laughingcool

P.S. / Edit  I've  heard  of  a  "Barm -- Pot"  but  what's  a  "Muffin -- Pot"   please

Merve replied on 08/10/2017 16:11

Posted on 08/10/2017 16:11

Welcome Bluemoon. As David says, there are no silly questions. There is a massive amount of experience and knowledge on here- use it!! Have a great trip and I bet you’ll be completely taken with the caravan life! Search the forum for knowledge and how other people caravan. Best of luck. 

Bellsboy replied on 09/10/2017 12:38

Posted on 08/10/2017 10:30 by Bluemoon73

Cheers mate, off to Blackpool on our maiden voyage this weekend, going to take the kids to see the lights, hope you enjoyed some Black pudding whilst you was here, i only live a couple of minutes from Burrs woods, lots of childhood memories in that area.

Posted on 09/10/2017 12:38

Came back loaded with sausage as well as black pudding. We always do when visiting Burrs Park

Bluemoon73 replied on 09/10/2017 19:39

Posted on 08/10/2017 15:42 by ABM

Local  sites  are  always  ideal  for  trying  out new  toys,  'cos  you  will  be  able  to  nip  home  for  the  tin  or  bottle  opener  wink  especially  to  drown  your  miseries  when  sport  results  don't  go  your  way

And a  slightly  belated  Welcome  to  the  Fun House  laughingcool

P.S. / Edit  I've  heard  of  a  "Barm -- Pot"  but  what's  a  "Muffin -- Pot"   please

Posted on 09/10/2017 19:39

It is a debate in these parts as to what is the correct name for a Roll/tea cake/muffin/barm or whatever its called in your area, In greater manchester the split is between muffin and barm and causes arguments to break out on many forums

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook