Hello!

ScottPente replied on 14/02/2018 17:16

Posted on 14/02/2018 17:16

Hello from myself and my wife Vicki!

We love travelling and visiting new places, and after being inspired by a VW Campervan (1977) holiday in Cornwall last year, we've saved up some pennies to buy our first motorhome.

We are complete beginners, but are looking forward to learning how to look after our new camper, make some new friends, and generally just enjoying touring our little island and hopefully eventually Europe!

We look forward to speaking to some of you soon!

DSB replied on 16/02/2018 16:40

Posted on 16/02/2018 16:40

Good to hear from you, ScottPente.  Welcome to Club Together.  Best of luck with the Motorhome- do let us know how you are getting on.

David

Bellsboy replied on 17/02/2018 14:46

Posted on 17/02/2018 14:46

A warm welcome from me too ScottPente. When is your first trip scheduled? Our motorhome is getting its first outing of the year from tomorrow. It's a little later in the year than normal and I'm itching to be out there. Do let i=us know how your first venture goes.

NickyKnix replied on 20/02/2018 11:15

Posted on 20/02/2018 11:15

A warm welcome to Scott and Vicki from Head Office!

What motor home did you buy?  I hope you are really pleased.

There is lots of useful information on our website for "newbies" under "Advice and Training".

Of course, our real experts are the Members who, I'm sure, will help with any questions you may have.

ScottPente replied on 20/02/2018 13:19

Posted on 20/02/2018 13:19

Thanks everybody, we're really looking forward to getting started.

In answer to your questions, we haven't planned any trips yet, but if you have any ideas for a good first place to visit let me know!

We've invested in a 1988 Talbot Pilote diesel 2.5 litre.

It needs a bit of work and TLC inside, but we liked the idea of buying something we could put our own stamp on, and of course as with most older vehicles something to learn from as I'm sure we will face the odd challenge here and there, so any advice you can provide would be great!

ABM replied on 20/02/2018 17:54

Posted on 20/02/2018 17:54

Welcome  S & V ,  always  good  to  hear  from  m/vanners  with  a  VW  Back-ground  !!  Just  remember  tho'  that  this  little  island  has  lots  &  lots  of  great  places  &  things  to  see,  alho'  the  weather  can  be  a  tad  'orrible  from  time  to  time  --  I recommend  Swimming  Cozzies  &  Wellies  as  the  basic  necessities  over  here  cool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook