Finally took the plunge ...

KateCLLRS replied on 11/04/2017 08:53

Posted on 11/04/2017 08:53

Well, after five years of owning a motorhome (Swift Kon Tiki) we thought we'd signup to the CAMC!  Looking forward to visiting some of the many CL's and trying out the Club sites, no idea which ones yet as we aren't great at advance planning, prefer to be spontaneous. We're fortunate to be retired and keep the motorhome mostly ready stocked, prepared and good to go at short notice. 

ABM replied on 11/04/2017 09:23

Posted on 11/04/2017 09:23

Welcome  indeed,  K  !!

Just  take  a  peep  at  the  Sites  before  you  go,  Bank  Holidays,  School  holidays etcetera  can  get  the  "Honey Pot"  sites  well  filled  weeks  before  hand.

But Wherever  you  do go  please,  please  enjoy  yourselves  winkcool

Pippah45 replied on 11/04/2017 09:35

Posted on 11/04/2017 09:35

Welcome Kate and enjoy!  Sadly it's not so easy to be spontaneous as it once was at weekend and holidays but there is lots of choice there.  I can't help wondering if you joined due to the rebranding?  I feel sure most people knew MHs were included in the old brand?

waasup replied on 11/04/2017 11:06

Posted on 11/04/2017 11:06

Hi all, i am a newbie on here so please forgive me if you think my question is stupid, i have read somewhere that the wi fi is free is this correct as the last site we stayed at was charging forgive me but i have forgotten now what the charge was,  thanks all.

Pippah45 replied on 11/04/2017 12:10

Posted on 11/04/2017 12:10

As far as I know you can old onto the club website and all there for free but for anything else you need to pay.  The best deal is to take out a year's sub  if you have plenty of outings.  Affilliated sites won't have the same provider though.  Apologies if I am wrong.  Someone may come along and move this subject to a better place.  Carry on asking though there is a lot to learn!

Grumblewagon replied on 11/04/2017 12:15

Posted on 11/04/2017 12:15

On some 'Affiliated sites' WiFi is free, but on most CC sites, it costs.

However, if you have a BT account, you can often find Free Hotspots. You can also buy 'boosters' that enable you to find hotspots from a greater range.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook