Extractor Fan

Freddiekrugersdog replied on 11/10/2018 17:26

Posted on 11/10/2018 17:26

My Extractor fan has stopped working. Just a simple inline fan 100mm reducing to 75mm and vented up thru a cupboard and out the roof. I have removed the motor and it is difficult to rotate the axle with finger and thumb ! It has a commutator, no markings of any kind, not even + or -.

I cannot find a similar fan anywhere! I can purchase an extractor hood but not an inline fan that is specifically for a MH. I do not have the space to fit a hood. Does anyone have a solution?  

brightstar2 replied on 11/10/2018 21:36

Posted on 11/10/2018 21:36

Another old trick is to either immerse the whole motor unit in hot cooking oil or similar to free off any residue of " fat fumes" which is what the extractor is designed for.- but over time seizes up bearings etc.  Clean down thoroughly and then liberally spray with wd40 or switch contact cleaner.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook