Ex-caravanner awaiting first motorhome

FreshAir4Us replied on 26/10/2020 16:51

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:51

Hello all 

My husband and I previously very much enjoyed about 15 years as club members visiting many club sites with our 2 children. We had a break of about 10 years and now that there are just the 2 of us with more time available to travel we are eagerly awaiting delivery of a small Motorhome. We have chosen an Elddis 115 partly  because we wanted something small enough to go on the drive and also because it just felt right for us in the same way the caravan we chose and kept for 15 years did all those years ago. The discussions on here have been really helpful so thanks to all for so much information. I am like a child waiting for Christmas to come and spending lots of time researching what equipment etc I need to buy to make the most of what I hope will be some enjoyable years to come. 

brue replied on 26/10/2020 16:56

Posted on 26/10/2020 16:56

Nice to hear from you FreshAir4Us, hope you enjoy the new lifestyle, lots to look forward to in the future! smile

JVB66 replied on 26/10/2020 17:16

Posted on 26/10/2020 17:16

Good luck on your new venture

,One word of "advise?" is do not buy what you think you may need, we have a room full of just that sort of buying gathering dustsurprised

ABM replied on 26/10/2020 22:51

Posted on 26/10/2020 22:51

Welcome to the " Dark Side " FA4U, 

To help you along remember what JVB says above !! It is for that reason we normally recommend that you take a couple of weekend breaks very close to home and / or dealer so that you only buy what you truly need and are close enough to collect what you forgot ( corkscrew  etc  embarassed ). No excuses, we have all done it  !!  As he says most of us have a room / garage / shed full of those must haves that we cannot get rid of even on the Online Freeby stuff yell

DavidKlyne replied on 27/10/2020 09:10

Posted on 27/10/2020 09:10

We changed from a caravan to a motorhome seven years ago and glad we made the change, in fact we are now on our second motorhome having decided after five years the original one was a bit on the big side. We have also gone smaller. The Elddis looks a nice van and small enough to get out and about. Hope you enjoy.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook