Caravan insurance small print

peter22 replied on 10/06/2021 13:47

Posted on 10/06/2021 13:47

Hi everyone 

I was just wondering  if anyone had any experience of how long caravans body panels etc are available after initial manufacturing date.

My renewal quote arrived today and reading the small print I was concerned to notice that if parts are no longer available you may not get you caravan repaired only an offer equivalent to the cost of the part plus the fitting which will leave you unable to use it.

This is only if the repair cost is significantly lower than the right off value would be i.e a £4000 repair where the caravan is worth say £10000 or more 

I would be interested to hear of anyone who experienced this scenario and what the outcome was

Many thanks Peter

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook