Campervan Water Heaters

ScreenName56A2085647 replied on 15/01/2021 11:48

Posted on 15/01/2021 11:48

Hi Guys

I have a 1989 Talbot express rambler 2.0 petrol. I am needing a new water heater (~6lt/min) for it to heat my shower and provide hot water for my sink. But this is turning out more difficult than expected. For reasons stated below.

1. all the water heaters I can find on the market are all open flue (so they state are only suitable for static caravans) Im not too sure why they only work in static and not moving as combustion emissions inside regardless of the vessel they are in, are emissions inside. but this type is not suitable for my van.

2. I have found the odd 'room sealed' water heater from Morco, but this is not only £500 but require a fitting kit (an additional £100) and a horizontal flue (therefore will need to cut more holes in the van) just to have a lpg water heater. 

My van has a very simple gas input, cold water inlet and warm water outlet system. Does anyone know of a room sealed water heater for cheaper than £600 for a small 2.0 van??? I have done some research and am I not hitting the mark anymore? If im correct, never vans tend to have electric water heaters in, if so should I be considering one of those, even though I want to travel off grid, with only a leisure battery no mains. 

Any help would be really appreciated. Ive been water heater lesss for over 4 months no and winters not a great time for that to be the case haha

DavidKlyne replied on 15/01/2021 12:21

Posted on 15/01/2021 12:21

Is the current boiler completely beyond repair? It might be worth contacting Gary at Arc Systems to see if he can help. He seems to be the go to expert for caravan/motorhome heating questions.

David

JVB66 replied on 15/01/2021 13:58

Posted on 15/01/2021 13:58

Have you tried Cak Tanks website they may do somthing you are looking for, but a room sealed water heater will always need and external exhaust if it is any way gas fired ,there are electric only imersion, heaters  which would not reqire an  external outlet 

What  water heater do you have at present?

antirampman replied on 16/01/2021 09:26

Posted on 16/01/2021 09:26

Hi

I suspect your present heater is a carver cascade, This can be replaced by a propex malaga heater with adaptor plate, these are available from The Caravan Shop ( thecaravanshop.co.uk }. 

The heater is £438.95 and adaptor plate £19.95 with free delivery I have used this company many times and they are very good.  

Good Luck

rayjsj replied on 18/01/2021 16:51

Posted on 18/01/2021 16:51

Hi,

Our 1988 Autosleeper Talbot Talisman, had a Vailiant instant water heater, which supplied hot water to the kitchen sink and also the tip up sink in the shower room and the shower head mixer, in many ways was better than our present Truma stored water system, and more reliable, you had to be very careful to drain every drop of water out of it in the winter though, otherwise very expensive repairs.

Vailiant are still very much in business, so may be able to help ?

ScreenName56A2085647 replied on 02/02/2021 19:30

Posted on 02/02/2021 19:30

Thankyou all for your advice. I am in the process of waiting for replies from campervan brokers as they have some  boilers available which would fit my old van. 

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2021 11:54

Posted on 02/02/2021 19:30 by ScreenName56A2085647

Thankyou all for your advice. I am in the process of waiting for replies from campervan brokers as they have some  boilers available which would fit my old van. 

Posted on 03/02/2021 11:54

Fingers crossed you find what you are looking for.

As an aside it might be worth going into your profile and editing you allocated forum name to something more to your liking.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook