Brand new caravanners here x 2

Tim1964 replied on 27/10/2016 17:31

Posted on 27/10/2016 17:31

Hi All,

Tim and Lorraine here, two new caravanners in Sussex. In fact we're so new we haven't even picked up our caravan yet. Just put down a deposit on an incredibly nice, clean and genuine looking 2 berth yesterday!

Looking forward to picking it up and having our first night out in it in a couple of weeks. Of course it's not the ideal time of year to start, but I figured this is the best time of year to grab a good deal, which I believe we have done.

Am currently organising all the bits and pieces like insurance, storage and a tow bar for the car!

I'm hoping this will be a great new hobby for us for many years to come. Maybe we'll see you on one of the club sites soon.

Tim

ADD46 replied on 27/10/2016 17:48

Posted on 27/10/2016 17:48

Tim & Lorraine

Welcome to your wonderful new hobby and way of life. Have you got your first outing planned yet? Enjoy all the excitement of buying everything you need and then relax with a nice glass of something In your new caravan. It's a magical time. 

Tim1964 replied on 27/10/2016 17:52

Posted on 27/10/2016 17:52

Many thanks. Yes we're going for a one nighter in a couple of weeks. Maybe somewhere only 20 - 30 miles from us so we don't have too much towing to do on our maiden voyage!

Tim

ADD46 replied on 27/10/2016 18:00

Posted on 27/10/2016 18:00

Tim & Lorraine

Good luck with your maiden voyage. Take your time and enjoy the journey on roads that you're already familiar with. It will be worth all the planning and excitement. We're going away for Christmas for the first time this year and I can't wait. Smile

Bakers2 replied on 27/10/2016 18:31

Posted on 27/10/2016 18:31

Hello and welcome to CT and very soon to caravanning, you won't regret it .

Best advice,

stay local, as you are, for first trip, increase you've forgotten anything vital . 

Don't go silly on equipment and nice looking things, wait and see what you really need. For now bits from home will suffice, but it's nice to have your 'van getaway ready! We all have unnecessary items, weight and expense!

Lengthy as they are two threads on here, surviving without ehu and another bio pods. Well worth the time it takes. But there's plenty more.

Lastly if you're unsure ask, were a friendly bunch on here with hundreds of years experience between us.  There is no silly question - we all continue to learn

Tim1964 replied on 27/10/2016 18:41

Posted on 27/10/2016 18:41

Many thanks for the advice. Hopefully we won't have to go too mad with buying extras as the 'van is coming with pretty much all the kit, even down to the pots, pans and plates.

I've been looking at the various topics on this forum and I must say it seems to offer a wealth of great tips and advice.

Jood replied on 27/10/2016 19:19

Posted on 27/10/2016 19:19

Welcome Tim1964. Great to see new people getting excited about Caravanning. It's a wonderful hobby and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have for the last 16 years.

Wildwood replied on 27/10/2016 19:58

Posted on 27/10/2016 19:58

Welcome to the forum and if you have any queries please ask for help as there is a vast amount of ecpetience on here. If you have problems on site you will find most caravanners friendly and only too willing to help.

john321 replied on 28/10/2016 14:15

Posted on 28/10/2016 14:15

Hi tim .and the rest of you . Names john . Nice to know me and the mrs arent the only new ones to caravaning. But sadly as we are buying new . We cant pick ours up till feb . But so looking forward to it .like yourselfs busy getting things together . Booking sites for w.ends etc . Hope u enjoy it . Good luck 

Trini replied on 28/10/2016 15:14

Posted on 28/10/2016 15:14

Hello Tim & Lorraine. Just read your post as we (Sue & Andrew) are sat in our van near Bridlington, having had a week of dry mild weather and we will be away over Christmas and again in February.  So dont just think of this as a seasonal hobby.

Good luck and enjoy yourselves.

Tim1964 replied on 28/10/2016 16:22

Posted on 28/10/2016 16:22

Thanks for your kind and welcoming comments everybody. What a great week we've just had for caravanning, it's been encouraging us all the more! We're hoping to get out at least one weekend per month over the winter and hopefully more. I'm sure we're going to have plenty of questions for you but can't think of any right now! Enjoy the weekend especially if you're out in your 'van (I'll be stuck in a hotel conference room for a business seminar all weekend!). Tim

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook