Ben and Steve

Ben and Steve replied on 04/07/2020 11:15

Posted on 04/07/2020 11:15

Hi, all.

So when Steve and I decided to return to caravanning in 2018 after both being from childhood holiday-caravanning-families, we didn't at first quite realise how much we remembered that we loved caravanning so much.  

We both live and work full time in Cornwall.  We're at that age where nights out in loud and busy pubs just don't cut it (actually they never did for me!) and although we have some lovely friends, as a couple who don't have children, there are a fair few social interaction family-based opportunities that tend to bypass us.  We do love to spend out time at the local vintage and steam fairs that take place in Cornwall and are looking at the possibility of investing in something vintage that could be displayed at these fairs, so that we could also take our caravan to such events and stay there, too.  We also love the scenery of this area and non-crowd days out.  

Our busy work lives (I teach Music and Steve is a Civil Servant) mean that our caravan is the place for us to love a glass of wine or 3 over a game of Rumikub or a puzzle........I know, helter-skelter lives.......and we love the chance to meet caravan friends, many who we have now got to know from the regular site we use near Bude where our van is stored .  

We have just invested in a car which can tow our van and are looking to get back into towing to CL sites, so I have just joined up on here.  

Would love to extend our caravan friendship group.  So do say "hi".  

Ben and Steve :-)

Takethedogalong replied on 04/07/2020 11:27

Posted on 04/07/2020 11:27

Hello and welcome. We have visited quite a few Cornish Fairs and Event day’s down the years. St Buryan Steam Fair is one of our favourites, but the weather up there can be.....changeable😁

replied on 04/07/2020 11:28

Posted on 04/07/2020 11:28

Enjoy caravanning proper wink

nelliethehooker replied on 04/07/2020 20:15

Posted on 04/07/2020 20:15

Good to have you both along, and if you want any advice or are looking for a CL in a specific area there are plenty on here who will point you in hopefully the right direction.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook