Autotrail Warranty Claim

Happy as Larry replied on 14/10/2023 13:37

Posted on 14/10/2023 13:37

Hi everyone, 

I am hoping someone within this discussion group can assist or have any experiences, good or bad with a warranty claim with Autotrail. 

I have a leaking skylight in my Autotrail Tribute T680S (van conversion) that has caused extensive damage to the roof inside of the van, which will result in (so I’m told) a large section of the roof inside being replaced. This issue has arose due to poor workmanship when the van rolled off the line, a complete bodge job in my opinion. 

My experience so far in dealing with Autotrail hasn’t been a pleasant one.  Firstly, they didn’t reply to my email, they say they respond within 72hrs but no one responded to mine, so after 7 days I phoned them. 

They advised I take my van to a dealer / caravan / motorhome repairer which they suggested a particular one. This I did and I assisted the repairer in completing the paperwork which Autotrail require. 

In short, lots of backs / forths between me, repairer and Autotrail and still no further forward with van being repaired.  I first made contact with Autotrail on 21 Sep, and my experience so far in dealing with them is a poor one. It’s seems they are very happy to take 10ks of thousands of your hard earned cash, but have little interest in resolving issues in a timely fashion. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  I won’t be buying an Autotrail van again, that’s for sure. 

Tinwheeler replied on 20/10/2023 15:50

Posted on 20/10/2023 15:50

Why are you contacting AutoTrail? Your contract is with the dealer you bought the van from and they are responsible for sorting the warranty and for complying with the Consumer Rights Act under which you have considerable protection.

If you need advice, you could contact the club's legal dept.

DavidKlyne replied on 20/10/2023 16:26

Posted on 20/10/2023 16:26

The first port of call with any warranty work is, as TW says, with the dealer. Things like this can't be done remotely. A dealer can assess the issue and report back to the manufacturer. Obviously if you purchased privately that does introduce an extra element into sorting the problem as not all dealers will undertake warranty work on vans not purchased from them. At least Auto Trail have been helpful in pointing you in the direction of a dealer who would be able to help.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook