Another intro

replied on 05/12/2016 20:01

Posted on 05/12/2016 20:01

Hi everyone we (Andy & Caroline) have just bought a Bailey Pageant Monarch 7 series. We were delighted to see it had electric lights unlike the gas lamps which illuminated our Sprite Musketeer back in 1981! In truth we only had the Sprite for a couple of years before transferring to a Conway trailer tent. This we used a little more often but generally holidayed with Eurocamp while the children were growing up.

Now as we approach retirement we are looking forward to taking long weekends in those places we've always said we should visit while getting familiar with our new equipment before we venture across the channel for longer breaks.

Christmas seems to have come early here as boxes containing a kettle, coffee maker, smoke alarm and other essential stuff keep arriving. Still by the Spring we should be all geared up and have a list of club sites to head for. Hopefully meeting new friends as another life chapter begins.

replied on 05/12/2016 20:11

Posted on 05/12/2016 20:11

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

nelliethehooker replied on 05/12/2016 20:21

Posted on 05/12/2016 20:21

Good to have another new member along. Greetings to both the CC & to CT. Hope you have many good trips out with your caravan in the spring and in the years to come.

ABM replied on 05/12/2016 21:51

Posted on 05/12/2016 21:51

Hello  &  Welcome  to  the  Fun  Farm  Laughing

If  you  browse  thro'  these  different  threads    on  here  you  will  get  loads  of  information,  BUT  if  there  is  anything  you  really  need  to  know  but  cannot  find,  then  find  the  relevant  category  &  ask  your  questions.  Even  the  daftest  questions  are  easily  answered  but  only  if  you  know  the  subject,  so  all  newcomers  start  the  same  as  us  old  fogies  started  !!

DSB replied on 05/12/2016 23:42

Posted on 05/12/2016 23:42

Good to hear from you Andy and Caroline. We've never owned a caravan with gas lighting, but I certainly remember staying in a 'static' like that as a child.  We started in our late 20's as tenters, then we moved up to a Conway Kampa Trailer Tent before buying our first caravan.

Enjoy your new van and I hope you have some great outings in 2017.  Do let us all know how you are getting on.

David 

cyberyacht replied on 06/12/2016 08:21

Posted on 06/12/2016 08:21

I returned to caravanning after a long break and, like you, was a bit awestruck by the degree of sophistication i vans these days. Welcome to CT.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook