1st year in a 3 berth Eriba

beachart replied on 29/07/2017 15:52

Posted on 29/07/2017 15:52

Hi,

We have had a really good first year in our Eriba 430 which feels just big enough for the two of us, myself being 6ft and my wife is almost that height. It has a front dinette/berth too. We have learnt how to dance around each other to move about inside and have used seaside style bunting rigged across the bits that you will hit your head on. 

The CMC sites are a superb asset to this country's tourist facilities. We have so far only managed club sites.  The challenge we have in term time is finding somewhere that we can get to and back in 5 days, as we look after grandchildren every week. Putts Corner and Southland are particular favourites for this reason.

This weekend we took our oldest grandchild to Haycraft for her first overnight stay which was a great success. I think she is hooked.

eurortraveller replied on 29/07/2017 16:28

Posted on 29/07/2017 16:28

Glad to hear you have had a good year. We have done ten years now with an Eriba - perhaps 25,000 miles on the clock - but we branched out from Club sites right from the beginning and spread our wings. I hope things continue to go well for you. Take care.

63ellsbells replied on 29/07/2017 16:32

Posted on 29/07/2017 16:32

Hi,
Glad you're enjoying your Eriba - fantastic little vans, and quite Tardis like once you get yourselves organised.

We switched last year from a 2 berth Puck L to the 3 berth Troll and like your 430, it has the extra dinette area which is great.
Just the 2 of us so plenty of space and heaps of storage, tows like a dream and built to last and stay dry, unlike so many of the UK vans you read about on here.
Not surprised your granddaughter loved her first outing, and with a variety of decent awnings to suit the Eriba range, room for future expansion.

There are a couple of good Eriba forums out there as well with lots of useful information, help & advice if you haven't already found them.

Happy Eriba-ing 😁

Bakers2 replied on 29/07/2017 16:34

Posted on 29/07/2017 16:34

Good to hear you've enjoyed yourselves. Great hobby generally and some fabulous CL and CS (other club) as well as commerical sites the world's your oyster. Or as Delboy would tell you your lobster 😉. Either way it's great.

Tinwheeler replied on 29/07/2017 16:41

Posted on 29/07/2017 16:41

One joy of living in this part of the country is the great variety of sites on our doorstep. We, too, visited Southlands this year.

I agree with you about the club sites being a great asset and the C&CC sites are similar. There are also some gems among the CLs and in the commercial sector. In time you will no doubt experience all sorts of sites. Some you will love, some not, but carry on enjoying your vanning. smile

Merve replied on 04/08/2017 09:58

Posted on 04/08/2017 09:58

I have to say that there is an Erin's parked next to me on the storage facility and it's an impressive little van- well made and finished. Glad you are having success with yours- it makes all the difference! 

DSB replied on 08/08/2017 10:33

Posted on 08/08/2017 10:33

Great to hear from you VCOURTART.  Glad you've joined Club Together and looking forward to reading your posts.

David 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook