Where have the "stickies" gone

EJB986 replied on 13/12/2016 12:39

Posted on 13/12/2016 12:39

The Sticky Monster has eaten them all......thank goodnesssmile

DSB replied on 13/12/2016 12:55

Posted on 13/12/2016 12:55

It looks to me as if all the stickies have been un-stickied then the new site was populated with the old posts and threads.  The moderators have the facility to make posts sticky, so if we could just locate whereabouts the original stickies are we can re-sticky them.  However, it looks as if that could be a time consuming job, as it will mean searching back through all the old posts.  At present I am really tied up between now and the new year, so if anyone finds an old sticky, make a post to bring it to the top of the list and please bring it to our attention so that we can do 'the honours'.

David

Lynneallan replied on 13/12/2016 15:56

Posted on 13/12/2016 15:56

Thanks David.  I know they were a pain on every page.  But the advice was good when looking for answers.

lynne

Merve replied on 13/12/2016 16:20

Posted on 13/12/2016 16:20

I see the question has already been asked. I have come on for the first time since it changed. Not sure at the moment that its as user friendly. Getting rid of the stars is a good thing- some of us will start to get a life now they haven't got to keep posting like crazy to keep their 'star count' up. Having said that, we can now all post photos! Thats got to be a massive improvement! Well done on that one.

royandsharont replied on 13/12/2016 16:34

Posted on 13/12/2016 16:34

Hi David, I tried to go to a thread I started some years ago via a link in my favourites but it could not find the location, unlike the favourite to the actual Club & Club Together, so not too sure your suggestion will work. I shall try searching for it on Google and if I find it I will add a comment in the UK touring section. Regards, Roy

PS. Google found the entry but the link would not go to anything saying 'Page not found' on the Caravan Club web site

royandsharont replied on 13/12/2016 16:39

Posted on 13/12/2016 16:39

I'm  glad to see the stars have gone though, it may reduce some unnecessary posting innocent and I like being able to add photos easily. Regards, Roy

replied on 13/12/2016 17:07

Posted on 13/12/2016 16:34 by royandsharont

Hi David, I tried to go to a thread I started some years ago via a link in my favourites but it could not find the location, unlike the favourite to the actual Club & Club Together, so not too sure your suggestion will work. I shall try searching for it on Google and if I find it I will add a comment in the UK touring section. Regards, Roy

PS. Google found the entry but the link would not go to anything saying 'Page not found' on the Caravan Club web site

Posted on 13/12/2016 17:07

Can't edit your text Roy. Quoted it. We will see.

Have you tried the search facility to find it  wink 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook