Thetford service door lock problem

rpenswick replied on 18/03/2019 08:20

Posted on 18/03/2019 08:20

Hello

Ive recently changed the thetford service door on my Bailey Pegasus caravan.  I am having an issue replacing the lock barrel and would appreciate any help or advice from fellow members. 

Many thanks

ValDa replied on 18/03/2019 08:51

Posted on 18/03/2019 08:51

Do you mean getting a new lock barrel and replacing the old one, or refitting the old barrel?  If a new barrel then they are available from caravan dealers,, but also from ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Thetford+door+lock+barrel&_sacat=0)

My OH says refitting the old barrel is easy - just spray lock barrel with the silicone spray used for Thetford toilet seals and it should slide easily into the door.  However, he says 'Check that the barrel size is exactly the same size as the hole in the new door'.  If it is, and you're still having difficulty, then email Thetford who have a very helpful customer service.  (We've had problems getting a cover to fit a replaced lock as there are two different sizes offered at our caravan dealer and neither fits exactly!)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook