Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

peedee replied on 13/01/2020 11:17

Posted on 13/01/2020 11:17

I think even the C&CC struggle David, perhaps more to do with the availability of skills?

It would be a shame to see CT disappear, warts and all, but I guess it depends on how much the Club values it.

peedee

Wherenext replied on 13/01/2020 11:21

Posted on 13/01/2020 11:21

It's not very often that I book a CAMC site but tried to login at various times yesterday to do so. As it was a Sunday afternoon I didn't want to ring the site direct but would have done so this morning if it was still down. Good job it wasn't for a honey pot site otherwise the wardens may  have been inundated with calls. 

It's not good enough is it?

I haven't seen any official word explaining matters yet, has anyone?  Communications from EG are generally non existent.

replied on 13/01/2020 11:34

Posted on 13/01/2020 11:17 by peedee

I think even the C&CC struggle David, perhaps more to do with the availability of skills?

It would be a shame to see CT disappear, warts and all, but I guess it depends on how much the Club values it.

peedee

Posted on 13/01/2020 11:34

I think even the C&CC struggle David,

I think that the user friendliness of C&CC website is far worse than CMC

DavidKlyne replied on 13/01/2020 12:55

Posted on 13/01/2020 11:17 by peedee

peedee

Posted on 13/01/2020 12:55

Peedee

I probably wasn't clear enough, what I meant was that the Club have obviously invested a lot in the likes of supporting Facebook etc. My view they need to treat the Club website, including CT, with a bit more importance and serious investment. 

As far as the C&CC website I tend not to have problems with it but it is quite basic, especially the forum which is even less functional that this one!!!

David

Freddy55 replied on 13/01/2020 22:21

Posted on 13/01/2020 10:55 by DavidKlyne

It seems OK today, I logged on about 9.00am. The Lego Men obviously back from their weekend break? It does seem the website has little, if any weekend support. Whilst that might just be annoyinging from the forum point of view it would be more serious for people wanting to use the site for various bookings and I expect it is a time when lots of members would want to use the site. It's not a good customer experience, perhaps time to switch investment away from the Social Media side and concentrate on the nuts and bolts of the main website?

David

Posted on 13/01/2020 22:21

It wouldn’t surprise me if the ‘club’ were perfectly happy to see the social side (forum) go down the pan. From their POV, it must be a major irritation.

replied on 21/01/2020 11:05

Posted on 21/01/2020 11:05

I see that the server has another 'internal' error. Probably needs surgery

Tinwheeler replied on 21/01/2020 16:34

Posted on 21/01/2020 16:34

The forum front page is working verrry sloooowly but the CT home page - Latest Activity etc - is dead as an ex-parrot😕

peedee replied on 22/01/2020 07:05

Posted on 22/01/2020 07:05

The site was down yesterday between 0700/0800hrs. Obviously for problem fixes. CT is slow to load pages in comparison with other sites.

peedee

Tinwheeler replied on 22/01/2020 10:03

Posted on 21/01/2020 16:34 by Tinwheeler

The forum front page is working verrry sloooowly but the CT home page - Latest Activity etc - is dead as an ex-parrot😕

Posted on 22/01/2020 10:03

And this morning I have the same problem back again with the CT home page. 

Oneputt replied on 23/01/2020 13:12

Posted on 23/01/2020 13:12

On the dozens of websites I visit daily I have to say this site is the worst of the lot.  Again today we have server errors all over the place.  I just cannot believe that after 3+ years the club still can'r iron out the bugs.  I have to say I have reduced considerably the number of posts I make and have decided to not submit anymore stories

Come on the club before you get elevated even higher on the naughty step

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook